aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Oceansize @ Moshulu

...for some reason I can't edit my above post, but, I would like to answer my own question and say, no, we can't hope for it because they're playing in London on the 5th of October.

:(

Hopesfall are supporting..

x

See that would have me pissing myself but apparently everyone apart from Jay Forrest's been "sacked"...

From Oceansize myspace bullitin

"hi everyone

it is with much regret that we must announce that hopesfall have pulled out of the oceansize tour, which is due to start on 1st october. the reason for their withdrawal is unknown, but it rather leaves us in the proverbial shit, so a hearty cheers to whoever is responsible.

oceansize"

Oceansize were really good. Shame about the shortened set though. Just for the fecking clubnight! :swearing:

Pity they couldn't have just ditched one of the supports...

No Homage to a Shame. :( -although they don't play that anymore? I don't know, that was the first time I'd seen the 'size. :(

I only got there at the end of their first song because of my friends wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of time pissing about in Kilau beforehand.

...but, I'll hopefully be at the London gig on the 17th, so, hopefully a longer set will be had.

Oh my god, they are shit :(

Anyone know what time the doors are and if there is another support?

yep they were shite. the frontman was a class A tosser

yep they were shite. the frontman was a class A tosser

Yeah and they seemed to think that it was 1993/94/95 and that it was ok to rip off most of Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream and Silverchair's Frogstomp.

They weren't even passable.

Fortune Drive were pretty tight but they were like Bloc Party without the good bits or hooks. I don't know who organised the supports for the tour, and i know Hopesfall pulled out pretty last minute, but they clearly have no idea what they're doing. I enjoy eclectic line-ups but there was no linking factor in any of the bands last night other than the fact that they all played musical instruments.

Oceansize were really good though.

Bizarrely the guy handing out wrist bands on the door refused to give me one, because i didn't have ID. I'm bloody 27, there is no way on god's earth, by any stretch of the imagination, that i look under 18 (or even 21 for that matter). I know he's "only doing his job" before someone says it, but what a cock.

Bizarrely the guy handing out wrist bands on the door refused to give me one, because i didn't have ID. I'm bloody 27, there is no way on god's earth, by any stretch of the imagination, that i look under 18 (or even 21 for that matter). I know he's "only doing his job" before someone says it, but what a cock.

that's strange cos the guy at the door just asked me what year i was born and no id was needed.

that's strange cos the guy at the door just asked me what year i was born and no id was needed.

Thing is, most of the door staff at Moshulu are really nice guys. I don't know what this guys beef was. Maybe it was beard envy.