aberdeen-music

Kate Nash?

Stichman

Guest Tam o' Shantie

false image, obviously false singing accent, 'socio-cultural observation' lyrics are starting to wear VERY thin....wow, London innit. The Big City. Dahn the pahb. The most irritating thing I have heard in a long time is the line about her boyfriends "maytes being mahch fituhhh". I can only marvel about this mystical fortress and the kingdom around it, and the moat which keeps anybody past the Watford gap out. What is this enchanted place? Listen to their funny accents, those cockneys. Never mind that if i remember correctly she's from St.Albans. But that's like, London too innit? Ask yourself, how many people do you know or have ever spoken to from greater london that actually speak like a cast member of East Enders, let alone fucking sing like one? On the plus side, her new single has a nice melody, and i think i would do her. But i'm really getting sick of this fake common lahndahner lyric thing. It's sort of the equivelant of me singing like a fisherman from Peterhead. I don't talk like that in real life, so why would my singing accent be any different? If this is the alternative to everyone singing with an American accent, I really don't know if it's a desirable one. and the fake working class thing also a piss-boiler.

• Upvote 1

false image, obviously false singing accent, 'socio-cultural observation' lyrics are starting to wear VERY thin....wow, London innit. The Big City. Dahn the pahb. The most irritating thing I have heard in a long time is the line about her boyfriends "maytes being mahch fituhhh". I can only marvel about this mystical fortress and the kingdom around it, and the moat which keeps anybody past the Watford gap out. What is this enchanted place? Listen to their funny accents, those cockneys. Never mind that if i remember correctly she's from St.Albans. But that's like, London too innit? Ask yourself, how many people do you know or have ever spoken to from greater london that actually speak like a cast member of East Enders, let alone fucking sing like one? On the plus side, her new single has a nice melody, and i think i would do her. But i'm really getting sick of this fake common lahndahner lyric thing. It's sort of the equivelant of me singing like a fisherman from Peterhead. I don't talk like that in real life, so why would my singing accent be any different? If this is the alternative to everyone singing with an American accent, I really don't know if it's a desirable one. and the fake working class thing also a piss-boiler.

That is quite possibly the most true and amusing thing I've ever read.

Guest bluesxman

I actually have no idea who this girl is or what her music sounds like. And by the sound of it I think that may be a lucky position to be in....

Hopefully the fact that she's standing next to Jack Penate on the cover will stop you.

well, i don't have anything against him either...

its early days. both artists have only really released their first single so far, though kate's material appears a bit more promising.

'Caroline Is A Victim' is much better than 'Foundations', but since it was a little bit more out there than the middle of the road shit that she's had a hit with she's somehow managing to forget that she actually released it as her first single, so much so that it isn't going to be on the album either.

Well done her, I hope she rots in the depths of the radio 2 playlist. (which is a pity cause I quite like radio 2 these days)

• 2 months later...

if anyone has tickets for this,get down early.

the support in singer/songwriter 'beans on toast'

his songs are catchy,political and funny.

MySpace.com - Beans on Toast - London, UK - Country - www.myspace.com/sexdrugspolitics

'Beans on Toast is one man with a guitar. Hes been playing songs for about a year on time of writing this (25th June 2006) and intends to do this for a bit longer. Hes convinced that global warming is going to wipe out civilisation any minute now. Hes bored of racism. He enjoys having sex. He drinks too much. He has recently bought a new guitar. He intends to offer his songs for download on this site. He intends to change them on a regular basis. He is aware that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He likes North London. He has a beautiful girlfriend. He pretends to be a gypsy Hes a big fan of Tom Robbins. Hes not a big fan of capitalism. He owns an Apple Mac. He spent the last year making some sort of stand against myspace. This is his myspace page. He has his tail between his legs. He is a proud Sagittarius. He pretends to be a hippy. All his songs have the same chords and he sounds like Billy Bragg.'

Too cold, and the only dresses you can get anymore are sack dresses that make you look like you're on maternity leave... all the time. :(

That's total lies. It's no colder now than it was 10 years ago and girls made a lot more effort then. Now your average girl looks like a boy clothes-wise. It's a farce. You obviously aren't looking hard enough if you can only find sack dresses. You should be ashamed. Reclaim femininity for girls, not androgynous boys :p

That's total lies. It's no colder now than it was 10 years ago and girls made a lot more effort then. Now your average girl looks like a boy clothes-wise. It's a farce. You obviously aren't looking hard enough if you can only find sack dresses. You should be ashamed. Reclaim femininity for girls, not androgynous boys :p

Baws!

It's much colder in winter now, because of climate change and... yeah. :(

Farce? It's what I call equal rights!

...and such.

Okay, nah.

I'm just not a dressy person. :( I can never find the right occasion.

I think that's the problem with society today; not enough events that call for a dress (and I'll think you'll find the only dresses that aren't sack-like are about 100 or are covered in stupid fucking paisley patterns. :swearing:)