aberdeen-music

Kate Nash?

Stichman

kate nash has been quite popular in the "scene" for a while before she got radio play and record deals and all.

compared to lily allen (yes, when i first heard her songs, i too immediately thought lily allen too) she has credibility and songwriting skills.

i do quite like her music and image.

kate nash has been quite popular in the "scene" for a while before she got radio play and record deals and all.

compared to lily allen (yes, when i first heard her songs, i too immediately thought lily allen too) she has credibility and songwriting skills.

i do quite like her music and image.

I'm not keen on the whole "social observations" lyric theme going round. It's not my cup of tea, but I can see that the likes of Arctic Monkeys lyrics are pretty clever, but largely it's people like this Kate Nash that piss me right off, talking about her boyfriend liking beer and stuff. But hell, fair play to the girl.

I find her transparent and intensely dislikeable. After browsing her myspace a while ago, I think she's the kind of figure middle-class, scenester, fashion-conscious, pop-culture-worshipping, public-school pill-poppers aspire to be; this will sell sell sell and sell again.

She reminds me of a girl I know that once told me that the Klaxons would be at her mate's party.

Saw her at T in the park, she was really good and the drummer behind her was fantastic. The accent is a bit annoying, but you've gotta admire her. Foundations is irrasistably catchy...

also:

i would...

Unconvinced. If I played myself saying "Rabbit" on a loop it would be catchy, but not necesarrily good.

But yeah, I probabaly would. If she didn't talk.

She's a very pretty woman.

Like Tweedy - Common, but pretty.

Good music too.

Her lyrics can be a bit crap at times, but every now and then she throws in a few lines that hit the nail on the head and redeem her.

Nice voice for someone who sings in a strong, usually horrible accent.

Annoyingly, I can't sing along to her songs without sounding like Martin Fowler.