aberdeen-music

Singing bass player and guitarist required

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Hello all,

I'm starting up a band with Ellie Mulhern ( www.myspace.com/elliemulhern ) and we require a bass player and possibly another guitarist, or another instrument to fill out the sound of the band. Ideally you would be able to sing as we are very keen to have vocal harmonies.

The music is hopefully going to be along the lines of a My Bloody Valentine wall of sound, drony, dreamy type of thing. Think lots of reverb and atmosphere. I'm thinking in my head sort of a shoegazer folk type of thing...

If you are interested, PM me or reply in this thread.

Guest idol_wild

So The Twilight Sad then? :up:

If I ever thought about being in a second band, I'd think this was ideal!

Snap up the opportunity, people.

So The Twilight Sad then? :up:

If I ever thought about being in a second band, I'd think this was ideal!

Snap up the opportunity, people.

Well, not really, but sort of... I think that vocal harmonies will be at the for front alot more. :p

I've had a couple of enquiries, but the more the merrier. Delay pedals at the ready folks...

Note: This does mean being in a band with myself, and I have previously been described as a "tyranical cunt" so you have all been warned!

Guest bluesxman

How piss-easy are the bass lines likely to be? Will lack of talent be disguisable behind all the delay? Will the delay be such that a total thick-wit could remember where to put his fingers between changes? If so can I come play? :up:

How many bands are you starting up?

How piss-easy are the bass lines likely to be? Will lack of talent be disguisable behind all the delay? Will the delay be such that a total thick-wit could remember where to put his fingers between changes? If so can I come play? :up:

How many bands are you starting up?

I'd have you Martin, but I don't think you can sing, and you'd probably end up hitting me. The bass lines will be fairly straightforward, no Flea-esque nonsense for me.

I am starting up this band, and the rock band with Chris :D

Guest bluesxman
I'd have you Martin, but I don't think you can sing, and you'd probably end up hitting me. The bass lines will be fairly straightforward, no Flea-esque nonsense for me.

I am starting up this band, and the rock band with Chris :D

Hey you've never heard me sing! :p Although you are probably right.....and I don't hit people in bands just because they are control freaks I just ignore them ;)

Guest idol_wild
You'd need to learn how to sing first...

They want a singing bassist; not a singing guitarist who hides behind loads of delay and echo.