aberdeen-music

Hairspray, my mama told me not to use it.....

poodleinabin

Guest DustyDeviada

The wife dragged me along to see Hairspray on Broadway a couple of years ago, it was better than I expected.

Danny Glover's wife off Lethal Weapon was in it.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Saw it Saturday night, loved it. Though I thought some of the songs dragged on a wee bit...

It just seemed to be the same song, played over and over again. And I wanted to slap the boy with the curl.

Yeah, too many songs, not enough dialogue, it was good though, not a bad film by any stretch. Maybe "loved it" was a little bit of an overstatement. let me change that to "liked it". The songs let it down a bit, there were too many and they were really similar.

Though the opening song "Good Morning Baltimore" is brilliant.

Plus Christopher Walken wasn't very good in it, which upset me because Walken is god.

In fact, God wishes he could act as good as Walken.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Yeah, too many songs, not enough dialogue, it was good though, not a bad film by any stretch. Maybe "loved it" was a little bit of an overstatement. let me change that to "liked it". The songs let it down a bit, there were too many and they were really similar.

Though the opening song "Good Morning Baltimore" is brilliant.

Plus Christopher Walken wasn't very good in it, which upset me because Walken is god.

In fact, God wishes he could act as good as Walken.

The opening was rather good, actually.

Although, I must say that I though Mr Walken was quite good in it. He was one of the more likeable characters, and he was one of the few people in the film (and the cinema itself) that I didn't want to smack in the gub. Not his finest moment, to be sure, but he was entertaining enough for my tastes.

(which are very refined and sophisticated, so there.)

• 5 weeks later...