aberdeen-music

My Guitars

glennbuchan

Hat.... You've still got the moon guitar? I've seen it in R'n'B or was it a different one o_O And I can clearly remember you selling it... :popcorn:

Yes I still have the Moon Explorer. You did see it in R&B - I work there so put it on the wall to sell it myself. No it wasn't another one as it's a one of a kind custom order! I was advertising it for sale, it didn't sell.

Guest DustyDeviada
Ok, so i like Orange things:

DSC00872.JPG

It is a Gretsch 6120 Anniversary. I also have this Laney TT but i am selling it, because it is not orange.

Cool Gretsch! Here's mine

IMG_1856.jpg

If your Gretsch has the stock pickups in, I would seriously recommend replacing them with TV Jones, completely transformed my 6119.

If your Gretsch has the stock pickups in, I would seriously recommend replacing them with TV Jones, completely transformed my 6119.

It has the original Filtertrons - I heard that before about the TV Jones' so that will go on the christmas list. Thanks

hahah, Loving the orange set up. What's the amp like? I've never played an orange...

The Orange Rocker 30 is class A and has fantastic clean and overdrive sound. Probably best compared to Vox. It is 30 Watts, but you can play places like the globe with volume halfway!

Guest DustyDeviada
It has the original Filtertrons - I heard that before about the TV Jones' so that will go on the christmas list. Thanks

I went for the Magnatron in the bridge (a humbucker version of the original Gretsch dynasonics - think Duane Eddy style twang) and a Powertron in the neck (a hot version of the Filtertron developed for Billy Gibbons).

What type of bridge does yours have? Mine came with a roller bridge that was balls, replaces with a bar bridge. Added a custom made "Chet" guard for my ultimate Gretsch!

Guest DustyDeviada
yeah thats a humbucker sized P90 in the ibanez, its a Duesenberg pick up, sounds great for rock and blues!

I've got P90s in one of my Lres Pauls, it's a blues machine. At least it is when someone else is playing it.

Hammerhead_1151868391_IMG_1757.jpg