aberdeen-music

Upstairs At O'Neils on Tuesday Night?

I know we always used to go after work but havent been for a few months.

Funny, i was just thinking about it the other day and whether it was still running, in all fairness tuesday nights are pretty dead everywhere, i wouldn't be surprised if they've canned it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

It's a shame if they have jacked it in, but I wouldn't blame them if they have. It's a bad sign when the staff outnumber the punters and you've seen more life in a minute's silence...

I ended up there with a bunch of folk from my year after we graduated a few weeks ago, it was actually full for the first time in ages.

I really like it, it's a good place to go if there's a bunch of you and the DJ is pretty good too. I have fond, albeit drunken memories of the place because it's where my blokey and I first kissed after I'd had copious amounts of Corona, who says romance is dead :p

Agree with Rass that Tuesday nights are the worst if you're out on the piss, that's how Squad ended up in the fucking Priory.....

I had a strangely enjoyable night in the Priory a few weeks ago on a Tuesday, though the 2 for 1 on pints of Carlsberg and the blatant pisstaking (including playing a joke on one of my friends by getting the DJ to announce that it was his 40th birthday while he was talking to a bunch of underagers) made it fun.

There actually used to be fairly enjoyable 'rock' night on a Wednesday there back in the day of 3 jugs of reef when I was 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to O'Neils last night with folk from work for a leaving do. As predicted we danced our socks off, hats off to the DJ, he was spot on and up for suggestions. My only criticism of Sunday nights at O'Neils is that the drinks offers run from Monday to Thursday, making a bottle of Miller 3 and a vodka and coke 2.55. A wee bit pricey I thought, but by that time I'd had more than enough so it didn't bother me too much.

• 2 weeks later...

The closing for summer thing sounds most likely to me.

Must make a point on going to it once it starts again (assuming it will).

Flash: Wherelse can you hear ManOWar? Is this air guitar at moshulu. I remember a ManOWar song got played there and I said something about it being manowar to people around me and they didn't have a clue what I was speaking about.

MANOWAR!!!!!!!

Saxon sound more likely and it is actaully a criminal offence not to play them in the land of metal.
It is a criminal offence to play Saxon anywhere fucking near me.

If I hear that fucker say the word "NIGHT" one more fucking time I'll shoot someone.

"IT IS THE NIGHT, STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT WHO MET AT NIGHT COS IT IS THE NIGHT YOU GOTTA HOLD THE LINE IN THE NIGHT!"

I asked for Amon Amarth in Bassment and the guy didn't know who they were. I never request music except after too many drinks and then request what I know they wont play (stupid, isn't it?).

Saxon sound more likely and it is actaully a criminal offence not to play them in the land of metal.

:)

that wasnt me was it?

if anyone wants to bring in a compliation cd for me to review

then i'd be more than willing to play anything that i deem to be "suitable" :)

• 2 weeks later...
:)

that wasnt me was it?

if anyone wants to bring in a compliation cd for me to review

then i'd be more than willing to play anything that i deem to be "suitable" :)

I honestly don't know.

That is quite a good attitude to be honest

I got slightly drunk last night and asked the DJ in bassment to play Manowar

"no" was reply

asked the same in Moshulu on air guitar night

also just "no" (sure i heard them played on saturday night there before).

To be honest, if I was a DJ, I would probably get annoyed at people requesting bands that I thought were really stupid all the time.

p.s I like jazz.