aberdeen-music

Lames Pedal Modifications

Hey Guys

I am doing mods for Various pedals now, In middle of starting a small part-time business doing this. I started doing this after i purchased Keeley Pedals, took an interest in it and learned a lot about it.

I have modded my own pedals including Hi Cut switchable mods for the Boss DD-2, DD-3 and DD-5, True bypass and tone mods for Dunlop Wahs, DS-1 seeying eye mods and loads other DS-1 and SD-1 mods. Chorus and compressor mods and Ibanez Tubescreamer mods. also several other Boss pedals and other makes.

I can do the exact same pedal mods as Keeley offers and others so if anyone is interested Gimme a shout for info, pedal mod lists and prices.

I use the same high quality parts as Keeley and others, Metal film Panasonic stacked caps from the USA, metal film resistors, Electro-Harmonix 3DPT switches, ultra bright LED's and so on

Hey Guys

I am doing mods for Various pedals now, In middle of starting a small part-time business doing this. I started doing this after i purchased Keeley Pedals, took an interest in it and learned a lot about it.

I have modded my own pedals including Hi Cut switchable mods for the Boss DD-2, DD-3 and DD-5, True bypass and tone mods for Dunlop Wahs, DS-1 seeying eye mods and loads other DS-1 and SD-1 mods. Chorus and compressor mods and Ibanez Tubescreamer mods. also several other Boss pedals and other makes.

I can do the exact same pedal mods as Keeley offers and others so if anyone is interested Gimme a shout for info, pedal mod lists and prices.

I use the same high quality parts as Keeley and others, Metal film Panasonic stacked caps from the USA, metal film resistors and so on

Sounds intriguing - good luck! Do you do the Boss BD-2 mod?

Sounds intriguing - good luck! Do you do the Boss BD-2 mod?

yup i can do, I have several different mods for that one including the keeley fuzz freak and phat switch mods and some others as well.

I am not really doing it to make a fortune as its just a hobby i really enjoy so its just a wee adventure and see how i get on

How much for a CS3 Mod?

Also might be an idea to post a price list.

i aint worked out one yet!! hehe, i will have to get one organised though - so many mods to figure out prices for though depending on what parts they need and how long it takes .

i modded my cs-3 so your welcome to hear how it is and see if you want the same mod. there are a few other things that can be done to it as well though. I am waiting on my shipment of parts from the supplier but that should be here in about a week.

i would say though that i would mod the cs-3 and supply the parts for about 20 quid.

am using metal film resistors which have better quality than the stock carbon ones in boss pedals. The caps are all stacked metal film panasonic which are superb quality and tantalum. when they are in the cs-3 it gives a fuller open sound and stops the background noise, makes it an all round better useable pedal

I had a Keeley modded one and for some obscure reason, sold it on The Bay Of E.

I just bought a new CS3 today, after tracing the buzz in my pedalboard to the Line6 Tonecore Constrictor (although the noise seemed to be coming from my Fulltone OCD v3).

Anyhoodly-doodly put me down for a mod and when can you do it?

Ps - Blue LED for me.

I had a Keeley modded one and for some obscure reason, sold it on The Bay Of E.

I just bought a new CS3 today, after tracing the buzz in my pedalboard to the Line6 Tonecore Constrictor (although the noise seemed to be coming from my Fulltone OCD v3).

Anyhoodly-doodly put me down for a mod and when can you do it?

i know what you mean about buzz!! i got myself one o them voodoo labs pedal power units, really brill and totally silent running o my pedals with it.

well like i said i think all my parts should be here in a week so from then am up and running!

i have parts but they are maplins caps, they are good but i would recommend waiting till the panasonic caps are here as they are great quality.

i am gigging in the mains o scotston at the brig o don tomorrow night if you would like to come and hear my pedals, if no just gimme a pm to arrange a time to come and hear them and drop your cs-3 off

what's the mod of the tubescreamer... i.e. what's done to it and how does it effect the pedal?

Also... do you revalve Diezels!?! Mine needs done pretty soon...

depends what tubescreamer, the ts9dx can be modded to sound a lot warmer and have true bypass so it doesnt suck tone! the ts9dx and normal ts9 can be modded to have better bass response, smoother tone and more or less distortion.

they dont sound as muddy as well.

the sd-1 can be modded to sound just like a tube screamer as well with some germanium transistors and brown burr or texas chips in them.

yeah i can revalve diezels. what valves you putting in yours? i have stock ruby el34's in mine and TAD preamp ones but thinking of changing them

can you mod me a pedal that will make fucking crazy sounds? something for a synthesiser.

theres a few mods that can be done to a boss DS-1 that gives wild synth kinda sounds i think. i havent tried them yet but i have circuit diagrams for them. i think there are other pedals as well that can be done for that. have to look into it