aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro- Puzzle- What's your opinion?

glennbuchan

Okay, so this is Biffy's 4th album and their first on 14th Floor Records. A more straightforward album I would say but still packed with all the punch.

Their past 3 albums have been said to be genious but have never been quite rewarded for this (only reaching 47 in the UK album charts). Now with Puzzle reaching 2 in the charts, is Biffy changing their sound just to become more mainstream?

So what does everyone think of Puzzle? Their best album to date or a dissapointing return?

This year I've already seen them at Aberdeen Music Hall and T in the Park and I have been so impressed. Now I have all their albums too including puzzle which sits on the top of the pile.

Also whats your favourtite single off Puzzle? There seems to be a few contenders:music:

Biffy_Clyro_Puzzle.JPG

Guest Savant

I think it's ok...but it lacks the punch of the previous albums. Only 2 or 3 songs properly rock. Nothing on the album is emotive as anything on the previous albums either.

i like it, still sounds like biffy imo

get fucked stud, a whole child ago and machines are personal fav's as well as the first 3 singles.

the bonus tracks nae bad either got a nice scottish sound to it.

edit

talking about covers, their cover of buddy holly made famous by weezer is decent too :up:

talking about covers, their cover of buddy holly made famous by weezer is decent too :up:

Wouldn't "written by Weezer" make more sense than "made famous by Weezer".

New Biffy is ok. Not a massive fan of it compared to the other albums though. I guess i'll get round to buying it at some point.

I was a really big Blackened Sky fan, after stumbling upon them the first time they played the T Break stage (They played it again the following year). But haven't really been impressed with much else they've done i'm afraid. Their songs are good, i just expected better.

They did introduce me to Far though :love:

If only Eska were still about ;(