aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
glennbuchan

Biffy Clyro- Puzzle- What's your opinion?

Okay, so this is Biffy's 4th album and their first on 14th Floor Records. A more straightforward album I would say but still packed with all the punch.

Their past 3 albums have been said to be genious but have never been quite rewarded for this (only reaching 47 in the UK album charts). Now with Puzzle reaching 2 in the charts, is Biffy changing their sound just to become more mainstream?

So what does everyone think of Puzzle? Their best album to date or a dissapointing return?

This year I've already seen them at Aberdeen Music Hall and T in the Park and I have been so impressed. Now I have all their albums too including puzzle which sits on the top of the pile.

Also whats your favourtite single off Puzzle? There seems to be a few contenders:music:

Biffy_Clyro_Puzzle.JPG

Guest Savant

I think it's ok...but it lacks the punch of the previous albums. Only 2 or 3 songs properly rock. Nothing on the album is emotive as anything on the previous albums either.

Guest Steven Dedalus

I haven't heard it but that must be the worst cover in living memory.

I think it's a great album, shows some good progression and is a bit more rounded than their previous work.

Ok, so a few of the songs are 'less rock' which seems to raise accusations of going more mainstream. Doesn't disguise the fact they are still good songs.

Thumbs up.

Guest Savant
and with the scissorkick is victorious

Is this on a release? I only have it on mpfree...

and with the scissorkick is victorious

Is it a good song? Never heard it! What style of Biffy is it like?

Their Umbrella cover by Rihanna is a bitty good too! Everyone else heard that too on the live lounge?

Is it a good song? Never heard it! What style of Biffy is it like?

Their Umbrella cover by Rihanna is a bitty good too! Everyone else heard that too on the live lounge?

Nothing like the "puzzle" biffy. Very erratic but soooooo good. :up:

Iv heard bits of it and not been impressed so far. Vertigo is an amazing album though, still need to pick up Blackened Sky.

i like it, still sounds like biffy imo

get fucked stud, a whole child ago and machines are personal fav's as well as the first 3 singles.

the bonus tracks nae bad either got a nice scottish sound to it.

edit

talking about covers, their cover of buddy holly made famous by weezer is decent too :up:

talking about covers, their cover of buddy holly made famous by weezer is decent too :up:

Wouldn't "written by Weezer" make more sense than "made famous by Weezer".

New Biffy is ok. Not a massive fan of it compared to the other albums though. I guess i'll get round to buying it at some point.

Guest Steven Dedalus
what a retard eh!? :rolleyes:

No, he just understands that statements should make logical sense. Which is a good thing in this day and age.

what a retard eh!? :rolleyes:

I wasn't having a go actually i was just pointing something out that was wrong. I guess being right makes me retarded then, good show. I'll tell my learning disadvantaged little sister that she's onto a winner too as she's actually "retarded".

I have only heard Machines as yet, but i love it :-) dont have any of thier old stuff, any ideas which album to get?

Vertigo of Bliss or Blackened Sky

I was a really big Blackened Sky fan, after stumbling upon them the first time they played the T Break stage (They played it again the following year). But haven't really been impressed with much else they've done i'm afraid. Their songs are good, i just expected better.

They did introduce me to Far though :love:

If only Eska were still about ;(