aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Rachie

Editing posts in moved threads

Just noticed that I seem to be unable to edit my posts in one of my threads that was moved (Room to Let - Trading Post, Property) ?(

It's only the posts that I posted before the thread was moved that seem to be affected.

I don't think this is a problem. Remember that you can only edit a post for a specific period of time after you first post it. I'll have to check what this is currently set at, but it isn't a huge amount of time.

I don't think you can edit any posts after an hour or so these days. It's a security measure so that people don't go back to old posts, edit them and put stuff on the site that shouldn't be there without bumping the thread.

What do you want to change? We can do it for you.

Could you not make it so that folks posting in the trading post section can do it. It's a pain in the arse not being able to edit your post when you sell something without having to make another post.

I hardly think people would abuse that.

Aye, I understand the reason for putting that measure in, although I wasn't actually aware it was even in place, but Phil makes a very good point, especially when folk have lists of things they're selling, saves confusion for people wanting to buy things.

As for my intended edit: I was just wanting to add into my main post that the furniture shown in the bedroom wasn't included but that there is a double bed included in the room (just not the one in the picture).

I've edited it to your specifications. Let me know know if you need anything else done.

I do see the point about editing posts in these situations, I can see how it would be annoying. Maybe Neil's got something in his box of tricks that can make this easier for people we know aren't going to abuse the system, or at least bring any edits to the mods' attention.

Would it not make more sense to change this editing time frame to days-weeks rather than a matter of minutes-hours after posting? It just seems to remove the entire point of having an edit button in the first place.

I'm happy to remove the edit restriction on the Trading Post forums, if I can. Let me investigate and get back to you all...