aberdeen-music

Ebay question

Hog

Don't bother say "email ebay" Mr O'Shantie!:up:

Bought a camera for a pal because he doesn't have an ebay account. It states the the condition is "new", however, the camera arrived today and it is refurbished. The seller at no point, advertised this camera as a refurb. Is this acceptable? I wanted a new camera...not refurb!

Bought a camera for a pal because he doesn't have an ebay account. It states the the condition is "new", however, the camera arrived today and it is refurbished. The seller at no point, advertised this camera as a refurb. Is this acceptable? I wanted a new camera...not refurb!

Not acceptable. Send it back. Refurbished is not new. It should have clearly been stated in the listing.

Get thum telt!

Yeah they are not alowed to do that.

First of all email the seller stating your issue and if he co-operates then send it back.

If there is any problems, open a dispute in the dispute council on the ebay site.

"Report an Item Not Received or Not as Described"

Hope this helps

Glenn

If you paid 190 for that, I would say getting your money back is definitely a good idea -

Currys - Shop for Digital Camera - Fuji S5600 Fuji S5600 Digital Camera

120. You should be able to get it from the shop in the St Nicks for that price too.

Guideline for describing an item's condition as "new"

An item can be listed as new if it's unused' date=' fully functional and has no signs of damage or wear.[/quote']

So technically he's obeying the rules, but possibly not the spirit of the rules.

It says on the outside "Fujifilm manufacturer refurbished camera, 6 month warranty" on the box.

Perhaps it hasn't been used...just upgraded etc. I haven't even opened the box but the guy reassured me that its unused and in perfect condition. Maybe I should open it and see if there is a description regarding their "refurbished" cameras.

He has offered my money back but minus the ebay charges and postage. Don't see why I should be out of pocket considering he can't advertise he camera in an honest and proper way.

There's your problem

Ebay should be more precise in outlining if refurbished is classed as new or not.

Having opened the box I read what Fuji say about their refurb cameras.

"Refurbished cameras are returned to Fujifilm by retailers and, in the vast majority of cases have never been used"

Basically, the seller cannot guarantee that this camera has not been used and has no fucking right to sell the camera as new.

jrnlwholeisle.JPG

Sounds like he's bought it at a discount price from Fuji and then sold it at a profit on eBay then. Fuji will sell it at a discount because it's not worth their time finding out if it was used or not so they just stamp all returned stock as refurbished and punt it at a low price.

But he can't guarantee it's not been used so he can't say it's new in good faith. You should definitely push for a full refund and the return costs.

And remember to give negative feedback!