aberdeen-music

New Fish album Clips

jester1470

I know there are some fans on here, so thought I'd post the link to the clips from Fish's new album, sounds really hopefull to me from the clips, could be his best in years,

www.myspace.com/fishofficial

He's taking his Clutching at Stars tour to the Lemon Tree and the Ironworks in September, shopuld be worth catching.

Hope to see some of you at the Lemon Tree after the success of the last Drummonds gig, the setlist for the new Tour looks great, most of Clucthing at Straws some of the new stuff and a good mix,

Cheers

Stuart

Bloody hell Stuart a couple of those tracks sound quite good, i'll need to see if the fat bastard will put me on the guest list for the Lemon tree....8-)

A bit different to some of his normal stuff, a real return to form, hope you can make it :) I see Pallas are playing tuts, any plans for an aberdeen warm up ?

liked the sound clips bodes well for the new album

on an unrelated note, i pished meself when fish turned up in an episode of billy the fish in a viz book i bought for 50p at the thainstone car boot sale. he was fulchester's tea boy!

So Stuart, what do you make of the fact that the posters at The Lemon Tree are promoting him as "Fish (ex Marillion)"?

Well he is Fish (ex-Marillion) and he's playing most of a Marillion album (their final one - Clutching at Straws) on this tour as well as the 13th Star so it seems fair enough. The big difference between Marillion and Fish nowadays is Marillion do everything they can to distance themselves from their popular era whereas Fish realises he gets bigger audiences if he does a mix of the 2, give the audience what they want. So it seems fair enough to me.

Fish played all of his most successfull album last tour, and is now doing a lot of his second most successfull, both of which are Marillion albums so it seems fair enough.

You gonna go ? Think you'd enjoy it. great stuff, I'm doing 5 gigs on this tour so far :) (though thats cos Jo's doing a couple and I'm driver :p)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, it's just he's been solo for so long now. I mean really, if people don't know of Fish on his own terms by now, are they really going to go along once they find out he used to be in Marillion?

I just wondered what "the fans" thought about it. I know that a lot of Mark Knopfler fans get pissed off with the record company's insistance on putting a sticker on each of his solo albums saying "The voice and guitar of Dire Straits".

As for the gig, 18? Pfft.

Yeah, it's just he's been solo for so long now. I mean really, if people don't know of Fish on his own terms by now, are they really going to go along once they find out he used to be in Marillion?

I just wondered what "the fans" thought about it. I know that a lot of Mark Knopfler fans get pissed off with the record company's insistance on putting a sticker on each of his solo albums saying "The voice and guitar of Dire Straits".

As for the gig, 18? Pfft.

Yeah I know what you mean, but as this tour is partly a nostalgia trip with the playing of a full Marillion album then I think it makes sense, strangely in 1999 or 2001, I would have got more annoyed but now I think that its one of those things, if it sells tickets then go for it, at the end of the day he has to make a living and if it doesnt annoy him, who am I to get precious ?

18 to see a showman of that ,magnitude, a bargain, go on, you know you want to, it'll be a great night and he'll play the great tune Incommunicado :

Cheers

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Just to boost this for anyone who might be interested, I went down to Aylesbury this weekend and saw the first UK date of the forthcoming tour and he was on great form, made all the better by the first Marillion reunion with him in nearly 20 years when they joined him for a song onstage :)

Hope to see some people there.

Cheers

Stuart

Yip, me and the missus have our tickets for this. He used to live not far from me when I was a youngster in Midlothian. Looking forward to this. Getting to be a busy autumn now with some fine gigs coming up, have to make the Foo's now as well as gave my only ticket for the Edinburgh gig to a friend who was desperate to go and then didn't bother to but didn't tell me or give me the ticket back, gggrrrrrr.

Tried to see Fish at Drummonds last time but couldn't get a ticket. Got to sort out my purchase of my ticket for the mighty McQueen this week as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The gig is tonight, having already seen Aylesbury, Edinburgh, Inverness and Lochgelly I can tell you you're in for a treat, great set, heavily slanted on Clutching at Straws and 13th Star (which has received stronger reviews and more radioplay than any Fish album in years). I would advise anyone going to get there early as the you dont want to miss the intro film which was written by the UK comedian Will Smith as part of his Mispaced Childhood Show at he Edinburgh festival a fw years back.

Fish is on good form vocally and the bands sounding good too, should be a good night,

Cheers

Stuart

That was a fucking ace gig. That was brilliant when he came into the crowd, I touched him lol o_O:up:

It was more interesting when he did it at the Ironworks, for anyone who's seen the height of the Ironworks stage.

It was a good gig, the band are tighter and he seemed happier than his last gig in Aberdeen, aboout 4-500 there I believe and his cry at the end of see you next year bodes well for the second leg. Hope you bought the new album. Last gig of this leg for me tonight in Glasgow, which is good cos I'm knackered... 5 dates may be a bit much ;)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada

Wow, 4,500 people in the Lemon Tree, must have been a bit of a squeeze. ;)

Stuart, Fish is mentioned in the new Irvine Welsh book, an obsessive fan turns up at his house looking for him.

You've never met Irvine Welsh have you? ;)

Wow, 4,500 people in the Lemon Tree, must have been a bit of a squeeze. ;)

Stuart, Fish is mentioned in the new Irvine Welsh book, an obsessive fan turns up at his house looking for him.

You've never met Irvine Welsh have you? ;)

You can't hold me rsponsibe for you not being able to read a dash in English is not the same a comma ;)

I've met Irvine Welsh several times, never discussed Fish though :p I have discussed Fish with Ian Banks before though...

Cheers

Stuart

Ah yes.... Ian Banks the Pallas fan....:up:

Fish fan as well ;) Ian Rankin is also a Pallas fan isnt he? He certainly mentions them in a Rebus book, Fish is allegedly the inspiration for the tall, heavily disguised in make up, prog rock star in Espedair Street.

Thought you were going the other night, i even asked Fish if he'd heard from you.

Cheers

Stuart

Fish fan as well ;) Ian Rankin is also a Pallas fan isnt he? He certainly mentions them in a Rebus book, Fish is allegedly the inspiration for the tall, heavily disguised in make up, prog rock star in Espedair Street.

Thought you were going the other night, i even asked Fish if he'd heard from you.

Cheers

Stuart

I forgot to be honest, sounds like I missed a good show.

G...