Sign in to follow this  
Stripey

get a life.

You have been banned for the following reason:

Posting Harry Potter spoilers

Date the ban will be lifted: 31-07-2007, 19:00

Are you fucking joking? Sad cunts.

Are you fucking joking? Sad cunts.

I have to agree with Stripey here. I got a condescending reply from one of the mods after inadvertantly posting a spoiler to a movie.

Seems you can hurl just about any insult at any individual or band, but don't you dare spoil kiddie movies for adults.

Anyway the latest cash-in doesn't need us to spoil it - it's managed that all by itself...by being shite. I had to endure 2.5 hours of plotless pish last night coz my daughter insisted that I take her to see it.

Free Stripey!

It wasn't about the movie, it was the new book that's coming out on Saturday. He only posted it to annoy people, not to start a discussion. It was just a thoroughly unpleasant thing to do, and his only motivation was malice.

I posted it as an addendum to a post which was about rowlings horrible use of madeliene mcann as a publicity stunt,if you think posting some stuff about what happens in a book is "thoroughly unpleasant" then you've got problems.

Why not just delete the text that offended you instead of banning me for 2 weeks? Surely given the minimum age limit of this site, there are likely to be very few readers of rowling here anyway. Wise up min.

I'd really rather the material wasn't on the site anywhere, given that it was obtained illegally, and any Harry Potter fans (I know there's a fair few on the site) wouldn't want to read the spoilers anyway.

Actually it's from a hardback copy of the actual book, I'll show you photos of it if you like, and is spread all over the internet on thousands of sites since a few days ago anyway, so really what is your problem?

I'd really rather the material wasn't on the site anywhere, given that it was obtained illegally, and any Harry Potter fans (I know there's a fair few on the site) wouldn't want to read the spoilers anyway.

Fair point, but if it had been anyone else posting it, it would have simply been deleted, end of story.

My problem is you posted it on this site. And you did it just to be annoying. You've been warned about this sort of thing before, so don't bother with the whole "woe is me, I'm banned" schtick you come up with every time you get banned. It's not fooling anyone.

I posted it as an addendum to my main post about rowling exploiting madeleine mcann, because I dislike rowling as an author.

It's pretty straightforward, you've banned me for two weeks because you are a deeply sad individual. Grow up, who do you think you're impressing with your puritan approach?

I'm not, hence why I've reversed the ban.

I suggest that in future that use you the spoiler tag or at the very least create a new thread with something like "Spoiler: ... " in the title. Otherwise your post will be deleted.

Thread closed.