aberdeen-music

Keytar

scottST

does anyone know where i could get one?

i've checked ebay, they seem to have only the Yamaha ones.

does anywhere sell them? or does anyone have one they'd be up for selling?

thanks!

I'm sure that I've seen a fairly up-to-date handheld synth somewhere. Possibly Akai? Had a search and couldn't find it though. You looking to get something cheap? ... if you come across one, let me know where you found it.

I think Roland recently stopped production of their AX-7 controller. You will still find various Roland AX controllers on ebay and if you look hard enough, probably in a shop somewhere.

Roland AX-7

M Audio also do wireless USB controllers which I beleive Jonathan Davis of Korn has been using live as a keytar.

MidAir 25

MidAir 37

M audio also do a wirless midi system which could be used with another controller such as Roland AX-7 or with a bit of imagination you could use a fairly conventional controller with it.

M-AUDIO - MidAir - Wireless MIDI Transmitter and Receiver System

Moog used to make a keytar type thing with an onboard synth Synthmuseum.com - Moog : Liberation

Also, there is a wikipedia page on keytars Keytar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a vaugely relevant video which may give some people nightmares.

hmm, all hunting's leading to nothing just now!

do any companies still make their keytars, or have they all stopped production?

its not one with built in synth capabilities im looking for, more like one to be used as a MIDI controller.

that M-Audio one does seem a possibility though, but i do really want a keytar:D