aberdeen-music

Hi Everyone

mjkm

Hi all,

Thought I'd make a quick posting to introduce myself, my name's Mark and I am a promoter based in London. I'm planning to move to Aviemore next year so I'm very interested in the Aberdeen music scene, especially as I'm sure to become a regular at many of the gigs going on in the area. I'll also be spending a lot of time in Inverness as well.

There's only a couple of bands from Aberdeen that I know, namely George Abbott who write their own material and wedding band the Danse McCabre Ceilidh Band. Hopefully in time I'll get to know many more!

Cheers

Mark

A two hour drive along country roads is no problem, it sure sounds a lot better than sitting in traffic jams in S.E. London for hours on end! (If anyone is thinking of moving to London, don't do it, it's one grotty over rated and over priced place!)

Thanks for the pointers re places to go, I'll look forward to checking them out, I'll probably be looking around for a couple of band to join up with when I come up, I'll have to keep an eye out on the bassists needed forums after I've made the move.

Thanks for the pointers re places to go, I'll look forward to checking them out, I'll probably be looking around for a couple of band to join up with when I come up, I'll have to keep an eye out on the bassists needed forums after I've made the move.

You're a bassist? Expect to be flooded with offers then. Seems to be a chronic shortage of them around here recently.