aberdeen-music

Kartta: seek new drummer.

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

We have to announce with massive regret that Kartta are now looking for a new drummer. Martin has, understandably yet sadly, decided to call it a day due to other commitments.

We've decided not to let any dust settle and begin the search for a new drummer immediately.

For those who don't know much about us, we're a 6-piece (well, reduced to 5 for the moment), and our main interests lie in volume, rhythm, atmosphere, and melody. We all listen to quite a broad range of stuff, but if we have to list any bands we have a musical kinship with, we'd say:

My Bloody Valentine

Built To Spill

Explosions In The Sky

TV On The Radio

Interpol

The Cure

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

Caribou

Do Make Say Think

Radiohead

Gang Of Four

Shellac

Slowdive

We have 4 demo recordings on our space: www.myspace.com/karttamusic

Age does not matter, and commitment and passion come before immediate natural ability.

Throw me a PM or send a space message if you're at all interested.

Guest idol_wild
Crikey, I wasn't expecting to read that. Hope you guys get a drummer soon.

Thanks Jan. If we don't find someone, I'll just take up the role! :up:

Guest idol_wild
Try a drum machine and or sampler. Given some of the influences you mention, and having seen you, it may be rather interesting and, dare I say it, a smidge different?

Just a thought... :love:

I personally have considered that, but we really do need a drummer. Unfortunately, we may struggle to get one as suitable as Martin, but heck, we can try!

Guest idol_wild

I might get tired of bumping this. We still would love drummers to contact us if they're interested. We'll give anyone an "audition" - we want to see just exactly what is out there.

Guest idol_wild
Drummers are a rare breed. They lurk in the shadows

I don't think they lurk anywhere. I just don't think post-rock influenced drummers exist full stop! :gringo:

The only one who does exist in Aberdeen is leaving us!

• 3 weeks later...