aberdeen-music

So a Dog Pissed on My Baby

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, not quite, but almost.

My wife's cousin was supposed to be doing a car boot sale yesterday at Thainstone, so with it being a nice day we thought we would take a drive out to say hello.

We got there with our 4 month old baby in his pram and started looking for her cousin's stall. All of a sudden my wife starts screaming about a dog. Now, my wife has a phobia of dogs and screams when one comes anywhere near her, so I didn't take too much notice at first, but then I heard her saying "It's peeing on the pram!".

I looked and its owner was pulling it away, apologising. I just assumed it had sprayed the wheels a bit and just nodded to the dog owner in acknowledgment of his apology, and set about trying to calm my wife, by this time she was making quite a scene.

It was only at this point that my wife pointed out that our 40 Mamas and Papas changing bag was in the tray under the pram with all our son's stuff in it, and yes, the dog had indeed pissed on the bag.

My wife was going mental but I managed to calm her down. Walking round the stalls though I got more and more angry, realising that I was going to be out of pocket to the tune of forty quid because this guy couldn't control his dog.

We were both so annoyed by this point that we decided to go home. We were almost at our car when I spotted the guy with the dog. I went up and confronted him and demanded 40 for a new bag. He apologised again, but said there was nothing he could do, so I told him if he didn't give me 40 I would get the police involved. At that point he said he didn't have 40, but he had 20. Reasoning that it may be better to cut my losses and take the 20 than to try to get the police interested and end up with nothing, I took the cash.

Now however I'm starting to wonder if I did the right thing. I'm starting to think that it wasn't his fault, and that I shouldn't have taken his cash, maybe he couldn't afford to lose 20.

Do you think I did the right thing?

Also bumped into Jester and Del there, who would have thought that that would have been only the second worst thing to happen to me on a trip to Thainstone? ;)

Guest Savant

I wouldn't stress over it too much. At the end of the day the guy should have been able to control his dog. If it caused damage, then he's responsible.

Was the bag ruined though?

Guest DustyDeviada

I suppose it depends on what you class as "ruined". I sponged it down but you can still see the stain a bit.

Mrs Deviada is refusing however to put sterile baby stuff into the dog piss bag.

Guest DustyDeviada

It was a lab, but he wasn't paying any attention to what the dog was doing, if he had been he could have pulled it away as soon as it went anywhere near a pram.

What on Earth was he doing taking a dog there anyway? Dogs pee on everything and anything to mark their territory so obviously if you take your pet, it's going to have a field day peeing on everything it can.

That's just reckless and disgusting! No, you're absolutely right in demanding he pay to replace the bag. After all, you didn't buy a bag that was pissed on, so why should you keep a bag thats been pissed on?

It'll also teach him a lesson to look after his dog properly.

Grrrr, irresponsible dog owners really get my goat up.

We've got an alaskan malamute, and we go to the races in Aviemore every year where they have hundreds of huskies, akitas and malamutes competing.

It drives everyone nuts when you get all the idiots who take their jack russels or labs with them to have a watch, because malamutes aren't dogs that get on well with other breeds, so instead of racing they try to run off and tear the other dogs to shreds.

It was his fault, he should have kept his fleabag under control.

I'm just bitterly disappointed that you didn't crack his fucking jaw.

Some dog owners are like smokers in public, irresponsible and without any regard for any others. Cunts.

Ps - I would have loved to have seen Mrs D going postal :up:

Some dog owners are like smokers in public, irresponsible and without any regard for any others. Cunts.

Oooh I hate it when you get a heap of smokers standing at the side of a bus shelter but they're standing where the wind will blow all the smoke towards you... Grr

Even worse... an irresponsible dog owner who is smoking at the same time ha ha

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm just bitterly disappointed that you didn't crack his fucking jaw.

I'm a lover not a fighter. Besides, he could have set his dog on me. :)

Is that from a pish & dogs eggs, or from a discarded fag and & filthy cloud of reek perspective?

Or maybe both?

filthy cloud of reek all the way.

I'm almost beginning to enjoy letting my smoke waft into the faces of those who would make my life so unnecesarily complicated.:up: