monkey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steven Dedalus
It's not Aberdeen.

Ahh, wisdom.

the Modern Art Gallery is pretty good. I was at the Warhol exhibition a number of years ago, and was able to put my face against a massive screen print of a handgun.

And that's gotta be worth something!

click on that link maxwell. cos you failed. and thus deserve a punch in the mouth.

Either that or he really loves his lady-wares o_O

I don't know why people have such a downer on Aberdeen, i've lived/been in much worse places.

We have a lot of good stuff in Aberdeen, especially music related/ Higher Education related. It's just a pity housing is such a problem unless you work in the Oil Industry.

aberdeen is a good place to live I always enjoyed my time up there.

tbh though phil, housing is not that much of a problem, you can still get houses outside the city centre for a reasonable price.

its not just the oil industry that pays well in aberdeen. IT/HEI/ B2B sales/technology/research jobs are VERY well paid in Aberdeen in relation to other places (see inverness, dundee, stirling, many of your larger places in england).

Ahh, wisdom.

the Modern Art Gallery is pretty good. I was at the Warhol exhibition a number of years ago, and was able to put my face against a massive screen print of a handgun.

And that's gotta be worth something!

I went to the Salvador Dali exhibition there a few years ago. It was about 28 but worth far more. I was lost for words - and that is uncommon...

Thank you for all the suggestions so far - suggestions for alternative pubs and clubs and good places to chill and eat good food are all gratefully received! I've not started flat hunting yet but will do shortly.

Keep 'em coming!

Thank you for all the suggestions so far - suggestions for alternative pubs and clubs and good places to chill and eat good food are all gratefully received! I've not started flat hunting yet but will do shortly.

I like The Tron (great food for an It's a Scream bar), Opium (rock music, cheap drink), The bar next door to Opium that I can't remember the name of, Bannerman's, The Black Bull, Ego (when the Vegas clubnight is on), Cabaret Voltaire....most are on or around the Cowgate.

Logie Baird's Bar @ The Bank Hotel on the Royal Mile is pretty good too, bit pricey but nice atmosphere. Opium's a must on a night out.

Plus during festival time there's something for everyone. Check out some of the productions up at the Assembly Rooms.

If I could get my first training post in Edinburgh when the time comes I'd be a very happy chappie.