aberdeen-music

Gene-men create freak hound

Guest Tam o' Shantie

It's a myostatin deficient doggie, naturally occurring but probably selectively bred. Apparently heterozygous greyhounds with one mutated allele are much better runners than the normal homozygotes. The one pictured is a homozygote 'mutant', presumably shit at running but once the fucker's up to speed nothing is going to stand in it's way.

It's also the same mutation that makes the Belgium Blue cattle so damn beefy, again through selective breeding. Heard they taste kinda crap, though.

Oh WOW Wendy looks just like my whippet Poppy. I didnt think there could be two dogs so alike. Poppy is nearly 9 years old and is also double muscled. This sometimes gives her cramping problems but with some tender loving care she soon bounces back. She is a very happy dog and although she has all those muscles..she is really very lazy..likes nothing more than to snuggle up next to you and sleep. I am sure Wendy is just as happy as Poppy is and I am sure she is just as much loved..although that will take some beating! Have fun Wendy and you show em all just how gorgeous you are.

- Sally Vickers, Newark Nottinghamshire

Thanks for that Sally.

- Shaki, Aberdeen

wow, that dog looks pumped.

to be honest, i dont think theres any gene manipulation involved here, its just been working out like f***!

with one of those, you could traverse safely through all of aberdeen's ghettos.

yup, i think there may be a market here.

Don't have time to search for the original article with a bunch of pics on it but there's a story about a kid born recently with this mutation. IOL: Say hello to the baby who can beat you up... This is about the kid but it has less information than the one I read before.

that article is quite old...he must be famous by now.

we have entered the Mutation Age! yasss