aberdeen-music

Amps For Sale

Diesel

Following a radical change in direction, two of my amps are for sale.

I have already agreed a trade-in price in principle, but thought it would be worth giving you guys the opportunity to buy, rather than have someone say "hey ya basturt, I would have bought that!"

Hughes & Kettner Trilogy + V30-loaded H&K 4x12 Cabinet.

This is a four-channel amp (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Ultra-Lead), with Bright & Boost options. It's probably best described by the manufacturers themselves...Guitar amps by Hughes&Kettner - Products

The amp and cab are in near mint condition and have thus far seen NO gigging action whatsoever. The amp comes with a 4-channel footswitch.

This rig is waaaaaay more than I need, so I'm downsizing.

I'll let it go for the trade-in price of 900 quid

Line6 Flextone III Plus 1x12 Combo

Another near mint amp, again best described by the manufacturer...Line 6 - Flextone III.

This versatile and well-built amp comes in it's original box and has tons of amp & cabinet models built in - it's pretty much a combo amp version of the POD.

Yours for less than half retail 180 squids (ps I'm in Majorca - no pound sign on keyboard, canny be arsed looking for it either!).

Pm me if interested - both are real bargains.

I thought you loved the HK!?!

I do, in the same way I loved my Boxster, but both were far too extravagant for my needs. I got the H&K for a good price and thought "what the hey", but in reality I'm never going to get the best out of it and corny as it may sound, I'd rather see it getting used by someone who'll be able to stretch it (volume-wise at least)

The very same!

Sorry I didn't reply to your POD question, the machine I was using kept crashing. Have you got it working yet?

Hm, not sure at the moment. I had some problems yesterday with Master Boot Record but now everything is working so I'll try the USB thing again later on today. What's the reason for selling the AMP?

maybe he got it second hand in the first place :) don't think many people round here will be able to use 100 watts of valves though.

Depends on where you live, a flat, or a house outside the city. That's why I like small valve amps. There's not much fun playing a stack at 1/10 =]

Guest DustyDeviada
sorry, misread it. It's a shame you're selling it... shouldn't buy things that you're gonna sell later on - waste of money. ;/ Anyway good luck. :)

More pearls of wisdom. He wouldn't have bought the amp if he knew he was going to sell it, would he?

sorry, misread it. It's a shame you're selling it... shouldn't buy things that you're gonna sell later on - waste of money. ;/ Anyway good luck. :)

What, like a Squier Strat for example?

You're a nice kid, but that's a condescending remark.

What, like a Squier Strat for example?

You're a nice kid, but that's a condescending remark.

There's not much to choose from when you've got 130 pounds in your pocket, I'm sure you have a bit more :-) And it was my first guitar, so everything sounded the same. Anyway well yeah now I'm just having it and not using and also no one buys it. I'd say I made a mistake buying it, maybe I should have saved a bit more before spending the money? But then there's a big chance if I would've bought some other more expensive guitar that after some time it won't be the one I actually needed(so it would be even worse), as I said, all of them sounded almost the same =] whatever

Ta dam!

There's not much to choose from when you've got 130 pounds in your pocket, I'm sure you have a bit more :-) And it was my first guitar, so everything sounded the same. Anyway well yeah now I'm just having it and not using and also no one buys it. I'd say I made a mistake buying it, maybe I should have saved a bit more before spending the money? But then there's a big chance if I would've bought some other more expensive guitar that after some time it won't be the one I actually needed(so it would be even worse), as I said, all of them sounded almost the same =] whatever

Ta dam!

Firstly, I don't think there is anything wrong with a squire, and you would be pushed to find a any guitar in that 'new' price range to match it.

A Yamaha Pacifica would have been good, and you could have got one for less than 130 second hand, or an epi sg/lp etc.

Secondly. You say you made a mistake buying the squire...why was that? If it was a mistake, it was not a costly one (I have made bigger mistakes than 130 quid) in that you could probably sale it at a lower price, say half price and still only lose 65 squid. Or you could always keep as a second guitar, or even hand it down to your kids some day.

You should keep the squire and put some nice pick ups in it. You might be surprised how good a guitar it can actually be. No mistake!

Firstly, I don't think there is anything wrong with a squire, and you would be pushed to find a any guitar in that 'new' price range to match it.

A Yamaha Pacifica would have been good, and you could have got one for less than 130 second hand, or an epi sg/lp etc.

Secondly. You say you made a mistake buying the squire...why was that? If it was a mistake, it was not a costly one (I have made bigger mistakes than 130 quid) in that you could probably sale it at a lower price, say half price and still only lose 65 squid. Or you could always keep as a second guitar, or even hand it down to your kids some day.

You should keep the squire and put some nice pick ups in it. You might be surprised how good a guitar it can actually be. No mistake!

It is a great guitar, especially for that price. Mistake was taking a SSS model, without a humbucker pickup in the bridge. So there's not much else to play on it than blues or rock :-) By the way I don't have extra 80 quid to get the pickup changed so at the moment it just sits there in the corner. About epiphones, tried loads of them when I was choosing my 2nd guitar. The les pauls are too big for me, the corners are sharp, not comfortable and also it's a singlecut model and costs more than it should (my opinion). SG's aren't balanced well, the sound just sucks. Nothing compared to a real gibson - not even a little bit, when the strart actually sounds as it should. (my opinion again). Well so one day I went to glasgow - merchant city and bought an Ibanez S470 - I liked the shape of it. Curved Top And Back, Fast Neck and sounded really good, except a bit 'too heavy' for me. So I changed the bridge pup to a seymour duncan 59. And I just love it, Can't think of a better one that would suit me. Well... maybe an prestige model with 59's But still :). Also! Just remembered I really liked the cheaper PRS models(obviously I couldn't afford the 1500pound models), Probably PRS SE ? Made In Korea. They sounded almost as I wanted, except I hated the neck of it, fricking big and fat :S and singlecut! again... ;/

Probably I'm going to keep the strat (as I wanted) but anyway no ones buying it. And I got what I needed so there's no need for money at the moment. I'd like to put a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails In It, Neck And Bridge. And a black pickguard, a scalloped fingerboard would be fun too. :-) (ech... dreams..)

P.S. Where could I fix an Amp? It's a small fender frontman 15r. And is it costy? Thank you brithe guy for advice, it is a nice guitar. But pickups should be replaced definitely ! 65 pounds isn't too much! But it's still money for me! That's why I wasn't looking at expensive guitars at the day I bought squier! Too risky! :) I'm quite happy with my little gear. A nice guitar that I love, a small laney vc15, 15w so I can still crank it up to 11 without loosing my hearing. Boss ds1 for boost, and pod for delays if needed! I'm poor and proud! Though It's quite good not having a job - more time for practicing playing guitar at home! Without a doubt it would be good to have one though. There's more stuff that should get replaced too.

diesel, how costly was the boxster to run?

Fuel-wise, it wasn't that bad, insurance was ok (for the older fart like me anyway), but what really costs are servicing and consumables, like tyres, brake pads etc...

...and then there's the image thing - like the time I went home to Killie for the weekend. I had my window down as I pulled away sharpish at a set of lights and a guy standing there said simply, "Prick".

I had to agree :up:

• 2 weeks later...