aberdeen-music

New No Soucis Track

FatHand

www.myspace.com/nosoucis

"The Rage of being in Cage"

Still a work in progress but thought we needed a newer track up on myspace. Basically wrote and recorded it, as is, last night at my mate's house so still heaps left to do with it. I think it's worked out quite nicely for a live recording. Going to put another drum part down, decks and bass.

Enjoy (or not ;))

the panning effect on the vocals is pointless and fundamentally nausea inducing, they should really be in the middle and very upfront and punchy. The MC is really fucking shit though anyway, and the kermit the frog(!) impressions he does half way through just compounds the irritation factor, the guy's obviously either an idiot or a straightup twat, I don't even care what he's saying but that's the impression I get listening to his performance.

The production is thin and lifeless altogether, the beats are pretty dull, have no groove or interesting sonic character and are badly engineered ( for example there is a closed hihat type sound between each kick and snare which is actually louder than either the kick or the snare) which in general just adds to the overall halfarsed, cheesy, naff studenty lack-of-hard-work vibe of the whole thing.

Oh and there's no bassline...

Somebody thinks they count..

Wow, Stripey. You managed to stop me from reading your critique within two sentences there. How you could establish a person's intelligence from a wee front room jam posted on a website is an enigma beyond my reasoning. This site is a music forum. If you want to throw abuse around check out bitter_know_it_all_window-lickers_sitting_in_their_

bedrooms_spreading_misery_in_their_piss_soaked_underwear.com

And for the rest of you. Don't let whining, repugnant nut handlers like Stripeboy put you off. It's his job to take up his Mum's laundry room with his home 'studio', talk to himself in the mirror, argue with his in-bred cousins as to which My Little Pony has the best magic and post dull diatribes about music science on the net.

It's your job to make whatever music you like, have good times, go see bands in the town and share that whole thing with the rest of us.

And to anyone who cares [i know, Stripey.. you don't care, right? Very good], it's my job to listen to great tunes enjoy what this city has to offer whilst I'm here and get pissed off with people wasting my time on the interthingy.

Finally, to the point.. No Soucis. Thanks for posting the track. It sounds shit. There is a buzzing...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, I write all of my songs with the hope that you'll say something nice about them:laughing:

I agree with the panning effect and that the vocals are not prominent enough (good points). Well observed that there is no bass:

Going to put another drum part down, decks and bass.

I know what you are like, maybe you don't even realise or see why people would get pissed off but comments like "the guy's obviously either an idiot or a straightup twat" even when you say "that's the impression I get listening to his performance" is not constructive, it's plain rude. You said your opinion with "MC is really fucking shit though anyway, and the kermit the frog(!) impressions he does half way through just compounds the irritation factor", fine, I don't care if you like the way he sounds. I personally think he is an excellent MC, he is only 19 and got bags of tallent. He does something different musically, certainly for here. Loads of people are good at creating computer based music mate (I'm in the process of learning how) so get off your high horse. My French is not good but on good authority, Hugo's lyrics are shit hot plus he is one of the nicest guys you'll meet, definately not a twat or an idiot.

If you feel the need to comment on stuff that I post on here, keep it musical.

Colin

Trying not to sound like a sycophant, but I really like it.

Yes, the production's not fantastic, but as you said yourself it's a rough recording. The music itself, however, is great. I especially enjoyed the guitar licks, and Hugo is once again on top form.

A finished, properly recorded version will sound superb. Keep up the good work, this scene could do with a bit more variety.

www.myspace.com/nopasaran1