aberdeen-music

Black Keys MOJO Freebie

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman
Cool - think I'll pick that up tonight. It's a band my mates love and i've never bothered getting into as yet.

I also recommend the 'Thickfreakness' album, their second and best for my money, although none are bad.

And yes, the same tracks can be apparently be downloaded from their Myspace if you live in the digital domain, which I don't.

Guest bluesxman
Sounds interesting, what are the feature in this month's issue? The free CD and one or two good articles would make me buy it.

Um, The cover story is The Police, which was interesting in terms of finding out how much of a twat Sting was even before subjecting us to his solo career. There's also a good piece on Frank Sinatra's 60's era. Can't remember what else offhand, I got that, Uncut and Q in quick succession and the articles have become muddled in my wee brain. I bought it for the Black Keys EP. But if you are happy with downloaded stuff and don't want to buy the mag then as mentioned the songs are on the net.

• 8 months later...
There was a free download off their myspace.

The new album sounds ace.

I really like the black keys, don't get me wrong, but I sometimes think it's a bit too much the same, if you see what I mean?

The song 'Lies' is a brilliant one though. Can't get it out of my head.

definately, some songs do sound the same but I think they get away with it!

Weirdly enough they were playing 'Just got to be' in Topshop in union street today, weird!!

Guest bluesxman

Picked up the new album yesterday but not had time to listen yet I agree, their style probably remains too constant for many more albums, but their stuff is consistently good, you can pick up any of their albums and it delivers the goods.