aberdeen-music

Friday Night Mudd Club

Alan

Not if you liked the music it wasn't.

And on a side note... was going to go to Friday Mudd... had around 10 of us, but the bouncers told us it was dead, so not to bother going in.....

Please tell me your joking? thats very annoying :swearing:

It wasnt completly dead, we had a few folk in. Everyone that came said they had a good night. It's worth checking out, ignore the bouncers..

Guest TheOffice

?( are we doing something wrong?

we have a great dj, drinks at monday prices on a friday!!!! friendly staff and a clean club with clean toilets (and loo roll)

so where is everyone? what else do you want?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
dude, the people who go to nightclubs dont use abedeen music. you have to find other ways of getting them in

That's what I said, but I got called a cheeky shit.

Without sounding like Cloud, I think that The Office should lower the door charge (or consider letting people in for free/reduced before a certain time, practically every club does it and Moshulu which is about 10 feet away also charges 4...), consider running some drinks promos (not heard anything about this, even on the forum), employ some flyer staff and do some advertising outside of aberdeen-music (postering or ads). It's just basic incentives to go - ask yourself why the fuck anyone should go to your club night instead of Moshulu or Exodus on a Friday, and if you can't think of any reason at the moment then you need to get some ideas together. If you need to spend a bit more on this sort of thing in the short term while you establish your club night as something worth attending, then that's unfortunately something you'll have to do, or have an empty club every Friday (which sucks for everyone concerned).

Guest TheOffice

Rah

Do have PR staff out every night and do realise there is a big world outside of this forum, you obviously don't or you would not have posted such a ridiculous comment!!!!!!

drinks are

1.50 vodka dash, carlsberg, sours, sambuca, VK's

2.00 bottles stella, corona, bud, WKD's, Smirnoff ice, tequilla

2.50 Pints, Jack dash, morgans dash, and pretty much everything else

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Do have PR staff out every night and do realise there is a big world outside of this forum, you obviously don't or you would not have posted such a ridiculous comment!!!!!!

drinks are

1.50 vodka dash, carlsberg, sours, sambuca, VK's

2.00 bottles stella, corona, bud, WKD's, Smirnoff ice, tequilla

2.50 Pints, Jack dash, morgans dash, and pretty much everything else

Good to see you take my points on board and not just have a greet. The drinks prices look good, is it free entry early on in the night? For someone like me who has heard about the night (but not seen any promo in the big world outside aberdeen-music.com) something like that might encourage me to stop in and have a look around and at least a drink or two to see if it's worth sticking around all night? I wouldn't pay 4 bucks to get into an empty club, but if there's a few early birds (who will just end up spending more time and therefore money at your bar anyway) already lurking, curious newcomers might be encouraged to take the plunge and check it out?