aberdeen-music

Yokohama - new japanese restaurant on Union street

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Correct. Today I had homemade fried tofo with chilli sauce, and for my main course I had a bowl of Tokyo-style ramen: tempura prawns, mussels, crab sticks, big fuck off slabs of seaweed, flat mushrooms and green beans/carrots and of course noodles in a miso base. I loved it

• 2 months later...

Wouldn't bother, it didn't stay open very long. It's been closed every time I walk past it for a while now and looks like it's been cleared out.

But go down to Chef Jang in the market, tried his sushi the other week and it was great (first time I'd had sushi as well).

Chef Jang is ace

Wouldn't bother, it didn't stay open very long. It's been closed every time I walk past it for a while now and looks like it's been cleared out.

But go down to Chef Jang in the market, tried his sushi the other week and it was great (first time I'd had sushi as well).

Thanks Chris, I'll head back to Yatai next time I fancy a sit-down Japanese.

And totally agree about Chef Jang: the sushi and the sashimi are wonderful.

yup, i did a quick google search after i posted that. looks fuckin sweet, recommend it?

Definitely. The menu's full of lots of of little dishes. If you find it hard to make up your mind - like we did - then go for one of the tasting menus. They don't look cheap, but one between 2 of us and a couple of extra skewer dishes we fancied was plenty. The menus are here

I've never had Japanese, except for those pishy little boxes of sushi from Asda. I'll have to try it sometime. I like Chinese and Thai, is it similar?

It's not really like Chinese or Thai, but is really tasty and you don't need to have raw fish. And plastic sushi from the supermarkets? there's no comparison between that and the stuff from Chef Jang or Yatai :up: