aberdeen-music

Gig listings for Moshulu/Tunnels etc. Where?!?!

Lemonade

What is the best site for seeing gig listings for the next few months in Aberdeen? I'm sick of missing good gigs at Moshulu - moshulu.net is still advertising gigs in April and May, and myspace.com/gigsinAberdeen only goes as far as mid-June.

I'd go to loads more gigs if I only stopped finding out about them the day after the fucking show.

Posters in Moshulu advertising up and coming gigs in Moshulu are only going to be seen by people in Moshulu.

Where can I check regulary to make sure I don't miss any more decent gigs?

I'm actually updating everything as we speak, as well as, doing poster/flyer designs and designs for newspaper ads and an a4 listings leaflet.

it's been a bit of a tough year as you can hopefully imagine but we're almost out the other side...

I'll post the listings on these here forums by bedtime..

jamesy x

gcguide is quite a good site for gig listings

We try our best, unfortunately if promoters don't tell us what's on then we've got to trawl the internet looking for gigs, which is time consuming and therefore doesn't happen very often.

While I'm here...

Why promoters and bands should let the Guide know:

1) It's free!

2) We get between 400-500 hits per day on the site, that's 400-500 potential customers per day. I doubt there's a lot of people that look at it every day so there's probably well over 2000 people a week who want to go and see live music having a look to see what's on.

3) It's easy, we've got online forms to fill in that only require the date, venue and the bare minimum of info. Emailing us is also welcome.

I only found out about the Bloodhound gang at the weekend, and even that was only through word of mouth. Got me a ticket!

I notice it's not listed in the Evening Express gig guide in yesterday's paper either. Call me crazy, but wouldn't things like that help sell more tickets....

14.50 from One-Up for those interested, doors 7pm.

I only found out about the Bloodhound gang at the weekend, and even that was only through word of mouth. Got me a ticket!

I notice it's not listed in the Evening Express gig guide in yesterday's paper either. Call me crazy, but wouldn't things like that help sell more tickets....

First I have heard of it aswell! Where is the fucking promotion? Shocking.

I don't wish to diss the good people who do so much hard work booking super bands and putting on marvellous gigs at Moshulu and The Tunnels.

But would a couple of posters in shop windows be too much to ask?

I've missed a lot of good gigs recently just cos I didn't know about them.

Edit: Looking for dates for the Streets and The Misfits if anyone knows them?

Checked One-Up and they were sold out, there must have been promotion of some sorts for the show to sell out but I sure as hell didn't see any. :(

We try our best, unfortunately if promoters don't tell us what's on then we've got to trawl the internet looking for gigs, which is time consuming and therefore doesn't happen very often.

While I'm here...

1) It's free!

2) We get between 400-500 hits per day on the site, that's 400-500 potential customers per day. I doubt there's a lot of people that look at it every day so there's probably well over 2000 people a week who want to go and see live music having a look to see what's on.

3) It's easy, we've got online forms to fill in that only require the date, venue and the bare minimum of info. Emailing us is also welcome.

Amen to that. It's also worth pointing out that aberdeen-music.com gets around 200,000 hits a day, and that our gigs and events calendar is also completely free of charge. So, promoters, bands, DJs, whatever, get your butts in gear and let us and the GCG know what you've got planned, you won't be sorry!

Sorry for being pedantic and off-topic, but the number of hits means very little when it comes gauging how many different people actually access your web site. I've probably generated an extra 25 hits on aberdeen-music just by viewing this one page belonging to this one thread. Be it 400 or 200,000 hits - these numbers are definitely not an accurate gauge of "potential customers" and it would be misleading to claim that they are.

For a more accurate measurement look at the number of unique sessions and visitors your web site receives. For example, Google Analytics informs me that aberdeen-music received 10,500 unique visitors for the month of June, despite also getting 8.5 million hits that month.

Anyway, back on topic...

Sorry for being pedantic and off-topic, but the number of hits means very little when it comes gauging how many different people actually access your web site. I've probably generated an extra 25 hits on aberdeen-music just by viewing this one page belonging to this one thread. Be it 400 or 200,000 hits - these numbers are definitely not an accurate gauge of "potential customers" and it would be misleading to claim that they are.

For a more accurate measurement look at the number of unique sessions and visitors your web site receives. For example, Google Analytics informs me that aberdeen-music received 10,500 unique visitors for the month of June, despite also getting 8.5 million hits that month.

Anyway, back on topic...

Sorry, I'll amend my sloppy english, what I meant was 400-500 unique visits per day, I just thought hits was easier for the average person to understand

Sorry, I'll amend my sloppy english, what I meant was 400-500 unique visits per day, I just thought hits was easier for the average person to understand

So how many unique visits a month is that on average then? 13,500 say? That's very impressive if that's correct. It's more than this web site receives.

So how many unique visits a month is that on average then? 13,500 say? That's very impressive if that's correct. It's more than this web site receives.

Unfortunately my host only seems to collect daily figures.

Here's my reasoning for the 2000 figure: The site is not something most people will look at more than once a week, therefore out of every week most of the unique visits per day will be unique visits per week. With between 2800 and 3500 unique daily visits per week, I reckon a figure of 2000 unique visitors per week isn't stretching credibility too much.

If I take some recent figures, the site had on consecutive days- 642,641,717 and 578 unique visitors per day. Since I doubt that the vast majority of those people looked on more than one occasion in those 4 days I think my figure of 2000 unique visits per week may even be a tad on the conservative side.

Unfortunately I also think since it is something that the majority of people will check once a week the monthly unique visitors will probably be between 2000 and 3000.

Then there's the fact that only muliple page impressions are counted, so anyone that has the calendar bookmarked and only looks at the page with the next seven days on it won't be counted.

So, the long and the short of it is, I have no idea how many unique visitors a month the site has, but I reckon I can't be accused of hyperbole if I claim 2000 a week and 3000 a month.

While I'm here...

1) It's free!

Why isn't there a link here??

Unfortunately my host only seems to collect daily figures.

Here's my reasoning for the 2000 figure: The site is not something most people will look at more than once a week, therefore out of every week most of the unique visits per day will be unique visits per week. With between 2800 and 3500 unique daily visits per week, I reckon a figure of 2000 unique visitors per week isn't stretching credibility too much.

If I take some recent figures, the site had on consecutive days- 642,641,717 and 578 unique visitors per day. Since I doubt that the vast majority of those people looked on more than one occasion in those 4 days I think my figure of 2000 unique visits per week may even be a tad on the conservative side.

Unfortunately I also think since it is something that the majority of people will check once a week the monthly unique visitors will probably be between 2000 and 3000.

Then there's the fact that only muliple page impressions are counted, so anyone that has the calendar bookmarked and only looks at the page with the next seven days on it won't be counted.

So, the long and the short of it is, I have no idea how many unique visitors a month the site has, but I reckon I can't be accused of hyperbole if I claim 2000 a week and 3000 a month.

Check out Google Analytics or if you significantly care for web stats, purchase Urchin.

Strange they didn't have it in the gig guide as they did have an article about it in their Thursday supplement thing last week.