aberdeen-music

Mogwai

SteveCrisis

I thought they were louder in Glasgow. Twas a strange set. Heaps of new stuff. Still enjoyed it all the same. :)

It sounds like they played a similar set in Inverness as to what they did in Glasgow. I think both these shows were put on so they could try playing the new material live to an appreciate audience. Presumably once the new album comes out there will be a full tour.

The setlists for both Tramway and Ironworks gigs as listed in brightlight.youngteam.co.uk

Tramway 26/04/08

the precipice

friend of the night

i love you, i'm going to blow up your school

hunted by a freak

ithica 27o9

i'm jim morrison, i'm dead

thank you space expert

like herod

batcat

scotland's shame

two rights make one wrong

we're no here

Ironworks 06/05/08

the precipice

hunted by a freak

thank you space expert

friend of the night

scotland's shame

stanley kubrick

i love you, i'm going to blow up your school

summer

i'm jim morrison, i'm dead

two rights make one wrong

batcat

we're no here

• 3 weeks later...
Guest treader.
Mogwai are total cunts. There is no shitting way that i am paying fuck knows how much to go and see them in Inverness just because some people were having a chat during their set last time they played in Aberdeen. I mean for fucks sake Aberdeen is between the central belt and Inverness surely if they'd absolutely wanted to they could have made an effort to please their fans by playing somewhere in Aberdeen.

Fuck them, i don't care if i see them again. If they are honestly so uptight that they can't let something that happened ages ago slip then they neither deserve my custom nor the money i would spend on their future releases.

What a precious bunch of twats.

as much as i think you're a tosser, i completely agree.

i'm willing to bet...it's a one off show. they wont be coming back.

They should just retire now and save everyone the hassle...

Loud quiet loud quiet... can catch you out when you need to have quick word with yer partner. Next thing you know you have a stroppy band in the huff...

• 3 months later...
Yes. Despite refusing to buy anything by the poncy, cunt-faced, killjoy bastards i had it on at work so i could at least hear it. It was sub-par at best.

Is this attitude because they still won't play Aberdeen?

Given that Braithwaite has read Aberdeen-Music in the past, I hope he reads this and still maintains their no-play-aberdeen policy as a result. I've had some great nights seeing them in Inverness, Glasgow and Edinburgh and will probably have many more. Great band live, so it's a shame that you'll never see them.

New album is starting to grow on me.

Is this attitude because they still won't play Aberdeen?

Given that Braithwaite has read Aberdeen-Music in the past, I hope he reads this and still maintains their no-play-aberdeen policy as a result. I've had some great nights seeing them in Inverness, Glasgow and Edinburgh and will probably have many more. Great band live, so it's a shame that you'll never see them.

New album is starting to grow on me.

No, it's not just because of that, it's their overall attitude to their fans too. I wouldn't mind a great night seeing them in Aberdeen. But if they are so precious that they can't bring themselves to play here because a few people had a chat through a portion of their set then why shouldn't i resent them a bit, i wasn't talking through their set. I'm so glad most other bands don't feel like that otherwise no-one would play anywhere. Why should i travel miles and miles to see them? I could understand them playing just Edinburgh and Glasgow. But avoiding Aberdeen on purpose just to spite people and playing Inverness instead just smacks of acting the cunt. I mean it wouldn't have taken too much effort to play Aberdeen on the way there or back.

I hope he reads it too.

No, it's not just because of that, it's their overall attitude to their fans too. I wouldn't mind a great night seeing them in Aberdeen. But if they are so precious that they can't bring themselves to play here because a few people had a chat through a portion of their set then why shouldn't i resent them a bit, i wasn't talking through their set. I'm so glad most other bands don't feel like that otherwise no-one would play anywhere. Why should i travel miles and miles to see them? I could understand them playing just Edinburgh and Glasgow. But avoiding Aberdeen on purpose just to spite people and playing Inverness instead just smacks of acting the cunt. I mean it wouldn't have taken too much effort to play Aberdeen on the way there or back.

I hope he reads it too.

What is their overall attitude to their fans?

Aren't you being 'precious' too though, by boycotting Mogwai because they won't play Aberdeen? I've got mates who will never go to a pub or club because of negative experiences they've had there, but that won't stop me being their mate and going to different pubs/clubs with them. Similar, no?

Aren't you being 'precious' too though, by boycotting Mogwai because they won't play Aberdeen? I've got mates who will never go to a pub or club because of negative experiences they've had there, but that won't stop me being their mate. Similar, no?

It just feels like they're making all Aberdonians suffer because of a few slightly inconsiderate people. That's just ridiculously petty in my opinion. Why shouldn't i feel the same about them? Are you seriously telling me that they wouldn't sell out a gig in Aberdeen, or at the very least have a well attended gig?

If they come back, i'll go see them. Until then i won't.

It won't stop me listening to the CDs i already have, but i also won't be buying any of their new material until they wise the fuck up.

I hope their drummer gets better though :( That is shit.

Aren't you being 'precious' too though, by boycotting Mogwai because they won't play Aberdeen? I've got mates who will never go to a pub or club because of negative experiences they've had there, but that won't stop me being their mate and going to different pubs/clubs with them. Similar, no?

You can easy come for a pint with me but it will cost you 30 over you round and a 1.50 booking fee to boot ;):p I may speak over the Jukebox (or sky tv)

• Upvote 1

You can easy come for a pint with me but it will cost you 30 over you round and a 1.50 booking fee to boot ;):p I may speak over the Jukebox (or sky tv)

As long as you make the walls tremble and the ground move in a similar fashion :love:

I take it you'll be at Desalvo on friday Jim? I dare you to speak over them, as I seem to remember both of us trying to remain invisible in the relatively safe area of the bar last time :up: