aberdeen-music

Mogwai

SteveCrisis

I'm going to that beast of an all-dayer at Tramway. I can see that being very, very messy. I might put a time limit to when I start drinking or I can see myself not remembering Mogwai and being incredibly angry with myself.

3pm-1am. Hardcore.

Thought the exact same thing. Besides, a post-show trip to Nice 'n' Sleazys can't be missed.

And what's this about a pie stall at the venue?!

means you might get now you're taken or R U still in 2 it

Was thinking about this today....

Considering they are playing the full "Young Team" set at a Spanish festival in June or July, they'll definitely want to practice R U Still in 2 it in a live setting before then.

On that logic i think they will definitely play it at Inverness :up:

means you might get now you're taken or R U still in 2 it
Was thinking about this today....

Considering they are playing the full "Young Team" set at a Spanish festival in June or July, they'll definitely want to practice R U Still in 2 it in a live setting before then.

On that logic i think they will definitely play it at Inverness :up:

They played this at Somerset House last July. Aidan Moffat was in attendance but wasn't the support. Malcolm Middleton was.

That and the Albert Hall performance definitely go down as my all time favourite Mogwai shows.

Is it not possible that Mogwai just don't want to play in Aberdeen? It's not exactly the greatest place in the world to play in. A lot of people seem to be choosing the ironworks instead of Aberdeen :down:. Mogwai are the type of band who just don't seem to come to Aberdeen.

if you read a few pages back you will see stuart braithwaite of mogwai fame addressing this very point in this very thread.

If Saturday night was anything to go by then anyone attending the Inverness show is in for something very special indeed.

The new material is brilliant. They also played a really heavy set at Tramway. After luring us into a false sense of security, mogwai let loose and assualted the crowd. It was incredible. :love:

Seconded. Sounded HUGE on Saturday. Very much looking forward to the Inverness gig. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluesxman

Great gig, the bass tone at the end made my nostrils and chest cavity vibrate in an unpleasant fashion.

Gutted that after I finally caught them live they never played 'Mogwai Fear Satan', 'Friend Of The Night' was amazing though.

I think i'm the only one who didn't think it was that loud. Strange set as well...

I thought they were louder in Glasgow. Twas a strange set. Heaps of new stuff. Still enjoyed it all the same. :)

Folk in Inverness have strange "moves" at gigs. They amused me. Aidan Moffat got on my nerves after two songs.

Did anyone else notice the ridiculous number of folk talking at the start of Mogwai's set? Will they ever return?!?!? etc etc.

We had some twats talking in front of us, loudly too. Luckily, 95% of the time Mogwai were louder :D

Aiden Moffat started well, but after a couple songs started to bore me.

Mogwai's new stuff was great. 'Friend of the Night' was stunning. That second to last one 'Bat-Cat' or something was seismic. It made me want to run into the crowd and start throwing some 'strange moves' of my own.