aberdeen-music

New logo = new design

Neil

I agree. The Jukebox needs to become a better part of the forum rather than a wee box on the front page. TBH, I have the actual forum bookmarked rather than the homepage as the home page doesn't seem to serve any purpose (for me, anyway).

There should also be an automatic post made or on the front page, a screen showing the latest additions. I've forgotten the jukebox exists at times as it isn't hugely prominent. Since this is a music site, it would make sense for this to be a important and quality part of the site. Maybe a comments entry for each song too. Might be nice for touring bands to put up a track or be asked to put up a track so it's easy to check them out. Might help boost numbers going to gigs.

I quite like the current colour scheme.

Other than that, I like Maxi's idea, but would hate if the site became for the entire of Scotland. It would get watered down to fuck and would eventually be simply about glasgow and edinburgh, with a leaning towards Dundee. Aberdeen would get shit on basically.

And I think maxwell should fuck off and stop making suggestions since he lives in Dundee.

From now on, I shall be Maxwell. Watch....

BLACK MATTER LES STROZEK :laughing:

• Upvote 1

Other than that, I like Maxi's idea, but would hate if the site became for the entire of Scotland. It would get watered down to fuck and would eventually be simply about glasgow and edinburgh, with a leaning towards Dundee. Aberdeen would get shit on basically.

And I think maxwell should fuck off and stop making suggestions since he lives in Dundee.

:laughing:

0176.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada

Yes, I think you should have to prove residency within Aberdeen to Neil before you are allowed to post.

Either that or you should have to go through some sort of citizenship procedure where you prove that you know all about Aberdeen by answering questions about how the typhoid epidemic started and explain what a puddoch is.

I've reduced the limit to 3 letters but the search index will need rebuilt before you will be able to find anything from past posts. That is something that could take hours if not days but I'll schedule it in for sometime in the future.

Nice one. Ta. I dont worry about the past. The futures where its at.

Don't see much wrong with the colour scheme here, it's about as slick as any other board I've seen. Don't know about the 'Networked' Upcoming Events page, a different page for out of town gigs maybe, but it is ABERDEEN-Music after all.

Jukebox & Gallery needs a face-lift if you ask me... I used to LOVE the gallery but nobody posts any more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...