Field Day Festival

getting the real back into festivals

FIELD DAY FESTIVAL

Victoria Park, Hackney London

ONE DAY ONLY 22.50 + booking fee

via Ticketmaster

Maximum 5,000 people in a fantastic restored London Park

FEATURING AT FIELD DAY 2007

HOT BREATH KARAOKE * QUIZ RAVE * COCONUT SHY * WELLY WANGING * TUG OF WAR * MORRIS DANCING * BURLESQUE * TEA AND CAKES! FILMS

MUSIC LINE-UP SO FAR:

1990s

ABSENTEE

ADEM

ALBERTA CROSS

ANDREW WEATHERALL

ARCHIE BRONSON OUTFIT

BASEBALL FURIES

BAT FOR LASHES

BATTLES

BEN TRUCKER

BEYOND THE WIZARD'S SLEEVE

CARIBOU

CASPER C

CHROMEO

CRISPIN DIOR

DUKE DUMONT

EAT YOUR OWN EARS djs

ELECTRELANE

EL PLATE

EROL ALKEN

EUROS CHILDS

FANFARLO

FENCE COLLECTIVE

FILTHY DUKES

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE

FOALS

FOUR TET

FRIDGE

GOODBOOKS

GRUFF RHYS

HANNAH HOLLAND

JAMES YORKSTON

JO JO DE FREQ

JUSTICE

KID HARPOON

LATE OF THE PIER

LAURA MARLING

LIARS

MAC 3000

MATTHEW DEAR'S BIG HANDS

MATT WALSH

MATTHEW !WOWOW!

MISS ODD KIDD

MYSTERY JETS

NADIA KSAIB

NAOMI//

PATCHWORK PIRATES

PICTISH TRAIL

P.I.X DJs

PULL TIGER TAIL

PYRRHA GIRLS

SKULL JUICE

STOPMAKINGME

THE ALIENS

THE CONCRETES

THE EARLIES

THE LOVELY JONJO

THE STRANGE DEATH OF LIBERAL ENGLAND

UFO DJs

VETIVER

WARBOY

WHITE RABBITS

YO YO DJs

YOUNG TURKS

ZOMBIE DISCO SQUAD

+ MORE TBC!

http://www.myspace.com/fielddaylondon

Just to make a point - it's a shame they're using ticketmaster. If it was genuinely "putting the real back into festivals", then they wouldn't use ticketbastard.

It's a relatively small gripe though, considering the ticket price in itself is incredibly reasonable, and there are other vendors from which you can purchase tickets. It's probably about as 'real' as a festival is going to get without being ridiculously niche, with lack of sponsorship, decent prices and facilities (presumably)...

Have to say that although Ticketmaster may be a plook on satan's sphincter, I do find it preferable to the all-Paypal approach that some smaller festivals have gone for this year. I've had bother with a couple myself & know several folk who have had endless fun trying to buy tickets via them. :(

It's a relatively small gripe though, considering the ticket price in itself is incredibly reasonable, and there are other vendors from which you can purchase tickets. It's probably about as 'real' as a festival is going to get without being ridiculously niche, with lack of sponsorship, decent prices and facilities (presumably)...

as mentioned there, the price is amazingly good value in my opinion.

I would pay that to see a couple of those bands listed there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was pretty shittily organised, and misadvertised to top it all off. They were banging on about how the food would be top notch (usual burgers, noodles, etc - granted some of it was organic...), there'd be a village fete atmosphere with brass band (there was no brass band), marrow competition (no marrow competition that I saw), etc. It was really just like any other festival, but with tug o'war. Sound was shit for every band that I saw (and heard similar stories about bands I didn't see), there were 8 people in total working behind the two bars, and the toilet queues were beyond a joke. I heard that the organiser's reasoning behind the bar problem was that they didn't expect people to be drinking a lot (music festival. hot summers day. umm...), but surely they can't apply that logic to the toilet situation. Sure, tickets were just over 20, but I think using the "At that price you can't compain" logic a little stupid. Pretty disappointing, all in all.

ahh i see. pretty much what i was hearing from others i knew who were there. thats a shame then. maybe they'll learn from it for next year, if there is one? worst thing must have been the shit sound :down: nothing worse!

That, and the frequent question of "Can I really afford to drink this bottle in order to prevent myself from dehydrating in the heat, as it'll mean joining the toilet queue for 50 years and missing the next band I want to see, in addition to my grandson's wedding?" The female toilets were even worse.

Didn't see Battles, but apparently they only played four songs, thanks to the generous stage times - 30 mins! If there is one next year they'll pretty much have to start from the ground up again!

Richard's review is very accurate, we did however manage to blag our way out

for food/refreshments/toilets.......the organisers have had a fair few sharp words from us

via email. On the upside, met a few aquaintenances/artists & did see a couple of

really excellent sets by newbies to us.......

Sunday left for Edinburgh Festival & saw this totally BRILLIANT show

http://www.edinburgh-festivals.com/reviews.cfm?id=1270552007