aberdeen-music

best wii games?

andrew.

a few months after it's release i have finally decided to purchase a wii.

seeing as many of you may have had it for a while now, i was wondering which games you have thought are the best so far.

being a playstation man, i have never had any experience with any of this nitendo stuff, so really dont know what to go for.

so basically, what games have you found the best for your wii?

for about 6 months you will only need one game. zelda. it is phenomenal. it is typically zelda by being quite slow starting but once you get into it you will be spaffing frequently over its awesomeness. once i completed it i traded in my wii for a ps3. ive heard very very good things about the mario football game, supposed to be great fun online. hope ive been of some help

I get the impression that there is only a few games that really make the Wii worth it (for now) But I've played Wii Sports on my mates Wii to death and with 3 friends, and its unbeatable. He's got a few games like Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Wii Play, which are pretty neat, but nothing I'd call a BIG title. The available games just now aren't enough to convince me to buy one, but I'm sure it will really come into its element in the next year or so.

Resident Evil 4!!!!

Zelda: Twilight Princess despite it being a Gamecube game. I'm not buying a new console to play it damn you nintendo!

Warioware looks good too. Teh GBA and DS versions were a lot of fun.

Super Paper Mario looks good but it's not out yet.

You could do worse than tracking down some Gamecube games

Eternal Darkness

Metroid Prime, Zelda Wind Waker

Animal Crossing and Battalion wars

It'd likely cost you less than 20 too if you look around.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
You could do worse than tracking down some Gamecube games

Eternal Darkness

Metroid Prime, Zelda Wind Waker

Animal Crossing and Battalion wars

It'd likely cost you less than 20 too if you look around.

Good call, the Gamecube was under-rated in my book. Some cracking games for it. Thought Animal Crossing was shite, though, not a patch on Harvest Moon.

Like a few others, I'm hanging fire Wii-wise until the price comes down a bit and more games come out for it. Hell, haven't even picked up a DS yet.

I never get tired of playing the bowling game, golf and tennis. The boxing is shit IMO.

baseball is excellent

but has done my arm in twice now 8-)

zelda - twilight princess, raymans raving rabbids and resident evil 4 are the key ones to get for now

but smash bros and mario party 8 are the ones im waiting for to come out

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jake Wifebeater
animal crossing is way better than harvest moon. though both are great gamecube games.

Harvest Moon grabbed me right from the off, just didn't see the point of Animal Crossing at all, love it or hate it, I guess.

Finally picked up Zelda: Twilight Princess last night. Played it an hour and a half, got as far as turning into a wolf. Is that good going for 90 minutes play?

• 3 weeks later...
i want a star wars game to come out for Wii.

how awesome would Rogue Squadron or Battlefront be using the remote and nunchuck?

can just see the remote as a lightsabre, haha....

Jedi Knight 4 would be absolutely brilliant on Wii.

Or perhaps Lucasarts should make a new point and click adventure? I think that could be an interesting idea with the wiimote.