aberdeen-music

Transformers (Some SPOILERS!!!)

Afro Droid

Soundwave was kinda in the film though, well, a version of him anyway. He didn't say "Turn them into...energon cubes" in his awesome voice, which was a bit shit.

Because of the changes in original the story the Dinobots are unlikely now, unless they somehow write them into a sequel, which would be awesome, I loved the Dinobots, they were the best toys too. "Me Grimlock ect, ect..."

Guest Steven Dedalus

See I was looking into it on the internet, and the guys who made the film said that the little ghetto blaster fella was originally going to be soundwave, but when they'd wrapped it all up, they felt he just was too divorced from the original character, so they renamed him something or other.

Which leaves the door wide open for a really impressive Soundwave, aw yeah...

Hotrod is fucking clown-shoes Lindsay! Same for Rodimus Cock, nothing gave me more satifaction than seeing him crucified to the Twin Towers by Galvatron in the comic. I really hope he doesn't show up in any of the sequels. They could do cool stuff with the Insecticons and the Dinobots.

Saw it last week. Thought it was amazing.

A few gripes though.

Thought the autobots were all pretty good.

The decepticons were all far too removed from originals for my liking though. Starscream looked crap as a robot too.

Overall, I thought it was ace though, pretty funny, and loads of action. Roll on the sequals and get some more gen 1 transformers in there. Soundwave, hound, brawn, shockwave, blaster... loads...... andthe insecticons and constructicons and dinobots..... and and and and....

I was never a huge Transformers fan as a kid, thought I watched it and had some of the toys.

Saw the movie last night, I thought the story dragged on a bit but the Autobots were fucking cool as fucking fuck. Some of the Decepticos looked a bit shit (eg the annoying little stereo guy and that scorpion thing).

Seeing Optimus Prime in full living colour almost made me cream. But where the fuck was Hot Rod?

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Well that's Transformers 2 "Revenge of the Fallen" filming wrapped up....

There's just the months of editing and CGI to get out of the way before its 2009 summer release.

Been keeping up to date with quite a few of the plot leaks and new robots being introduced and it looks like it'll be fantastic :up:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else seen the new animated Transformers? You can get it on that website that I probably can't post here! It's good, has that sort of westernised anime type style to it. Some things are different, such as calling the creation matrix 'the allspark' but it seems quite like the original story.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly every studio will push pics during the SuperBowl, airing on NBC Feb. 1, with the movie lineup naturally made up of summer tentpoles whose studios hope to appeal to the nearly 100 U.S. million viewers that tune in to the broadcast.

Confirmed for this years roster are high-profile titles like Paramounts Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Star Trek and G.I. Joe; Sonys Angels and Demons; DreamWorks Animations Monsters vs. Aliens; and Universals Land of the Lost and its fourth installment in The Fast and the Furious franchise. Disney is also planning to use the game to raise the profile for Pixars next toon, Up.

The movie blurbs will in many cases show off footage from the pics for the first time. Par has yet to unveil a single frame of the Transformers sequel and will use the Super Bowl to make the big reveal.

Bowing the fresh footage will generate heat for the pics considering the broadcast attracted 97 million viewers last year and consistently ranks as one of the few annual televised events in which auds pay attention to the commercials and talk about them afterward.

transformers-20090110-revenge-of-the-fallen-teaster-site-image-enhanced.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...