aberdeen-music

Die Hard 4

Chris

I've always thought the 1st one was the best but I've been challenged in the last few days with people claiming the 3rd to hold that mantle. Alan Rickman has to be the ultimate villian. It would have been good to see Rickman as a bad guy in a James Bond movie.

So that begs the question .... Which is the best die hard movie?

I think Lethal Weapon is the best Die Hard movie :laughing::laughing:

Seriously - the first was the best. The 2nd was OK, but was too convoluted plot-wise as was the 3rd. Still all good genre movies though.

Guest DustyDeviada

Haven't seen any of them for a while, and haven't seen 4, but I always thought 3 was pretty good. Samuel L Jackson was good, and the scene with the sandwich board was a hoot.

agreed, die hard 4.0 is awesome! was loving kevin smith aswel. the first one is definately the best. big bruce was on jonathon ross the other night saying how he wasn't a big fan of die hard 2. still has the classic "sitting duck" line though. yippee-ky-ay mother fuckers

Saw it earlier this evening: it's not a bad film, Willis is still up to it, and the stunts are all brilliant. My only gripes are with the lead villian (he's the least convincing of the four), and there's far too much technology bollocks. I know that's part of the point, but it's a bit tedious after a while.

Worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pretty awesome, laughed out loud a few times and the stunts were pretty entertaining (the plane bit was so over the top).

On a sidenote: Did anyone else have trouble taking the lead villian seriously because of the character he plays in My Name is Earl? (Billy Reed, who has a hilarious catchphrase that my friend whispered to me during the movie causing me to laugh out loud in a completely quiet cinema)