aberdeen-music

Scuzz - "20 People You Love To Hate"

Originally posted by Ross:

I meant ...it`s owned by MTV.....

I think it's actually owned by Sky (or BskyB, I should say), who also own the Amp and one of the other "dial-a-video" channels (Flaunt, I discovered using my 1337 pRIVATE eYE SKILLZ). If I remember correctly, MTV is owned by Viacom who also own Blockbuster.

Eugh...The Uni's keyboards are fithy.

I really have no opinion on this "love to hate thing", except it's targets are a bit obvious. I could pretty much guess the outcome before it even started. Not that I particullary like any of the bands on the list, just I keep out of their way and they keep outta mine.

http://www.hoovers.com/viacom/--ID__12435--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml (Viacom Info)

And a directory os Sky Channel sites: http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,,90000-1079033,00.html

Originally posted by Millhouse:

Yeah Scuzz has been ruined just like MTV2 and Kerrang. Just catering for the masses constantly with greatest bands ever style shows instead of NEW music.

120 Minutes on MTV2 is REAAAAAAAAAAAALY cool, but not really rock/punk based if thats your thing. P-Rock used to vary between being awesome and pure wank for that kind of thing. Kerrang isn't even worth checking anymore (seems to be that goddamn Audioslave song EVERY time I put it on).

MTV2 has had some brilliant underground hip hop stuff on about 3 am recently..... Pharcyde and numerous others......

I reckon Break Dancing is going to come back in a big way in the next 2 years..... I was in Primary 2 when it was big last time.... circa 1983/84/85