aberdeen-music

could someone please book russian circles, they're touring

framheim

Guest Steven Dedalus
nah, i've done the promoting thing. i don't mind promoting my own band a bit but i don't have the time to do the job justice really.

God, the memories. Every month being told, "hey guys, let's do an improv set!"

only kidding.

And in fairness, every time I played was an improv set. Not by choice.

Guest Steven Dedalus
only went to a few sonic deth nights but they were awesome

and valhella was well ahead of its time :D

Valhella was awesome. Especially as I didn't really listen to a lot of that kind of stuff at the time (although I sort of do now, for some reason).

I will always remember sitting there with my cheapy-cheapkins drinks, listening to some skull-crushingly heavy music, whilst looking at Henry Rollins beating up Black Flag fans.

And all the while, Dave and Rory would be manning the smoke machine and the strobe light.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Because you went to Valhella.

Did you ever think I'd be sitting down, groovin' away to the new (old) Dead Meadow album, trying to convince my flatmate that they were the best thing ever?

How the mighty have fallen. I remember Dave and Rory constantly playing stuff like Kyuss, Gonga and some other band with the word 'witch' in their name (i think), and me constantly complaining and trying to put on the Cure or something.

And for those who care, I had to review the dead Meadow reissue, and I gave it four out of five. All thanks to the mighty Valhella.

Because you went to Valhella.

Did you ever think I'd be sitting down, groovin' away to the new (old) Dead Meadow album, trying to convince my flatmate that they were the best thing ever?

How the mighty have fallen. I remember Dave and Rory constantly playing stuff like Kyuss, Gonga and some other band with the word 'witch' in their name (i think), and me constantly complaining and trying to put on the Cure or something.

And for those who care, I had to review the dead Meadow reissue, and I gave it four out of five. All thanks to the mighty Valhella.

that would have been the mighty witchcraft :)