aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
framheim

could someone please book russian circles, they're touring

they're playing glasgow on the 26th but i notice they have nothing confirmed for the 27th. they fucking rule and it would be awesome to see them up here.

please please please please please :)

they're playing glasgow on the 26th but i notice they have nothing confirmed for the 27th. they fucking rule and it would be awesome to see them up here.

please please please please please :)

Do it yourself.

Do it yourself.

nah, i've done the promoting thing. i don't mind promoting my own band a bit but i don't have the time to do the job justice really.

Get Idol Wild to book 'em Dave, or do it yourself. They would be good to see actually.

:)

i don't think russian circles are phil's thing.

Guest Steven Dedalus
nah, i've done the promoting thing. i don't mind promoting my own band a bit but i don't have the time to do the job justice really.

God, the memories. Every month being told, "hey guys, let's do an improv set!"

only kidding.

And in fairness, every time I played was an improv set. Not by choice.

Guest Steven Dedalus
only went to a few sonic deth nights but they were awesome

and valhella was well ahead of its time :D

Valhella was awesome. Especially as I didn't really listen to a lot of that kind of stuff at the time (although I sort of do now, for some reason).

I will always remember sitting there with my cheapy-cheapkins drinks, listening to some skull-crushingly heavy music, whilst looking at Henry Rollins beating up Black Flag fans.

And all the while, Dave and Rory would be manning the smoke machine and the strobe light.

although I sort of do now, for some reason

Because you went to Valhella.

I loved Valhella and Sonic Deth Monkey, although didn't make it along to the former very often.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Did you ever think I'd be sitting down, groovin' away to the new (old) Dead Meadow album, trying to convince my flatmate that they were the best thing ever?

How the mighty have fallen. I remember Dave and Rory constantly playing stuff like Kyuss, Gonga and some other band with the word 'witch' in their name (i think), and me constantly complaining and trying to put on the Cure or something.

And for those who care, I had to review the dead Meadow reissue, and I gave it four out of five. All thanks to the mighty Valhella.

Did you ever think I'd be sitting down, groovin' away to the new (old) Dead Meadow album, trying to convince my flatmate that they were the best thing ever?

How the mighty have fallen. I remember Dave and Rory constantly playing stuff like Kyuss, Gonga and some other band with the word 'witch' in their name (i think), and me constantly complaining and trying to put on the Cure or something.

And for those who care, I had to review the dead Meadow reissue, and I gave it four out of five. All thanks to the mighty Valhella.

that would have been the mighty witchcraft :)

Guest Steven Dedalus

Ahhhh!! Witchcraft! I remember it well (it also had a rocking cover).

i hated witchcraft so much, between anna, dave, heather and rory putting it on, heard it more than enough times to do me for life if I'm honest.

long shot... but dave, i recall you playing a tune i loooooved at valhella... heavy, but with hooks... in my head it sorta sounded like the atomic bitchwax crossed with stand-up guy or something... every time you played it, i was like "what's this, it's ace?", and then forgot again promptly