aberdeen-music

Echomind and Kathryn Sawers

Graham

Did anyone else see this gig at Drummonds on Thursday?

I was really impressed by Kathryn. She has an interesting voice. There's no one I can think of that I could compare her to. Can't believe she takes a piano to all her gigs! I thought it was hard enough taking a couple of guitars and things! But I thought her set was great.

For a first gig I thought Echomind were excellent. They could of passed for a band that had played a whole bunch of gigs. I liked the way the music sort of changed, like bits reminded me of Coldplay, Radiohead, Pink Floyd and Mogwai. Also liked the lights they used. Definitely looking forward to seeing them (and Kathryn) again.

Kathryn Sawyers was ace, although sometimes i think she tries to distort her voice a bit too much at points.

The 10 min one riff intro was a bit much, and looked too much like it was planned down to the last detail, stayed for one more song, then left to flyer for jetplane gig. not a fan of echomind, although you can give thier drummer credit for wearing a mogwai t-shirt