aberdeen-music

Metallica this Weekend

Jeid

Anyone going to Wembley this weekend?

Bullet For My Valentine had to pull out so Machine Head are replacing them... good stuff. Looking forward to seeing Mastodon as well.

Apparently Metallica have been very good on the couple of dates that they have played so far.

Anyone going to Wembley this weekend?

Bullet For My Valentine had to pull out so Machine Head are replacing them... good stuff. Looking forward to seeing Mastodon as well.

Apparently Metallica have been very good on the couple of dates that they have played so far.

I saw a video of them playing "...And Justice for All" in their setlist in Lisbon last week, was fucking ace, could have some more aces up their sleeves for Wembley.

You bastard.

Machine Head should've been on the bill in the first place. I'm sure the majority of Metallica fans would rather see them than BFMV. Rather gutted I'm not going to this. Just been watching videos of them doing "Whiplash" and "Battery" a few nights a go. They sound immense.

They've been practising more for this tour than any in recent times supposedly. I expect an amazing show.

I agree with whoever said Machine Head should've been on the bill in the first place. In fact, when I told a mate, he said "expect a good support" and ok, Mastodon are amazing... but I instantly thought "Machine Head" and now it's come true.

Sunday... not long to go.

a 20 minute scout of youtube has confirmed metallica still have it and hetfield still rules all.

can't wait for the new album. i just hate the way everyone moans about st anger.

1. its good

2. they have gained the right to expriment with new styles,sounds and ideas given they've been consistantly the greatest rock/metal band in the world since 1983.

a 20 minute scout of youtube has confirmed metallica still have it and hetfield still rules all.

can't wait for the new album. i just hate the way everyone moans about st anger.

1. its good

2. they have gained the right to expriment with new styles,sounds and ideas given they've been consistantly the greatest rock/metal band in the world since 1983.

Testify brethren.

Guest DustyDeviada

The BBC's coverage was a fucking joke.

The only artists I was interested in were Metallica and Spinal Tap.

The missed the start of Metallica's set, coming in midway through Sad But True, because they obviously couldn't pull away from the important interview Jonathan Ross was doing in the studio with Alan Carr or some other fucking non-entity.

Then they stopped their coverage after Nothing Else Matters and showed Enrique or some other shit from one of the other concerts. "Only two songs?" I thought.

Then Spinal Tap. They at least got the introductions this time (but did Marti Di Bergi REALLY need his own introduction from Gervais before going on to introduce the band?)

Then they showed Stonehange, but cut to the studio MID SONG during the second track.

Outraged, I switched onto the BBCi red button thingy and found that they were showing highlights. Hopeful that they would show the complete Tap set I started recording it on my hard drive. Imagine my surprise when I viewed the footage later and found that not only had the BBC missed a storming version of Enter Sandman, but Spinal Tap had played a 3rd track, Big Bottom, with about 20 other bassists from all the other acts joining in, as well as Hetfield and Hammet! Definitely a highlight, but the BBC opted to miss it so they could show another Jonathan Ross interview, or Katie fucking Melua.

Luckily I have all the Tap and Metallica tracks saved to DVD now in excellent quality and I didn't have to watch them on youtube or something, but it was ridiculous that they didn't show them live on BBC1.

I'm off to write to Points of View.

Ahhhh Metallica, used to love 'em when I was a nipper. Eventually I turned into one of these annoying bastards who only likes the early stuff, and now I can't really listen to them at all (apart from a few songs on "Kill 'Em All" and "...And Justice For All"). I think there's a lot of thrash bands out there who are infinitely better.

Not a St. Anger fan either I must say, there's just nothing whatsoever on that album that appeals to me, I find it unlistenable. Sorry...

Was considering making the trip down to Wembley for nostalgia purposes (and I wouldn't mind seeing Mastodon again), but decided against it for financial reasons.

Speaking of the new album, anyone else heard

I just got home from London. Metallica were amazing! Mastodon and Machine Head were both fantastic and HIM got booed the whole way through their set. In fact, they hardly stopped as the crowd hated them

Great atmosphere inside Wembley and after the gig. The Mexican waves looked like a great laugh.

Mexican waves!!!

It was my section that started the mexican waves! And they would have been fun if it weren't for the guy ordering people about. The atmosphere was totally fantastic. The crowd after the gig were so obviously on a total high. Loads of people streaming to the tube station cheering etc etc.

Bloody fantastic.

:princess: