aberdeen-music

Concert For Diana

Chris

Anyone watching this? Seems to be the usual charity pop concert format. "Legends" and pop contempories are trooped out to do 2 or 3 songs in quick succession.

Tom Jones had Joe Perry playing guitar with him which was quite cool, Brian Ferry appears to have Jonny Vegas playing bass, which isn't so cool.

Anyone watching this? Seems to be the usual charity pop concert format. "Legends" and pop contempories are trooped out to do 2 or 3 songs in quick succession.

Tom Jones had Joe Perry playing guitar with him which was quite cool, Brian Ferry appears to have Jonny Vegas playing bass, which isn't so cool.

Does this insincere pish have to hog a whole channel all day?

It's not as if the former Ms Spencer can actually appreciate it - she's deid.

watched bits of it but had to turn off as i was cringing too much. what's this obsession we have with annaversuries? rod stewart made me laugh - i feared for the old codger's back when he was kicking footballs into the crowd and dancing like an embarrasing old uncle at a wedding.

Had to leave the room when the eternally child-like and vaguely boisterous Fearne Cotton started dishing up her nauseatingly uncommon over-appreciation of unremarkable things. Wild praise to a pair of washed up fools from Duran Duran and all too transparent simperings regarding the passing of this sensational woman.. "That was amazing guys, were you loving it?" etc etc.

i was also amused at how they kept getting credited for organizing the gig....

did they book the bands, arrange stage times, sort out backline, lunch etc?

or sit on their royal asses going 'one would like sir elton, rod stewart, duran duran and take that'

i was also amused at how they kept getting credited for organizing the gig....

did they book the bands, arrange stage times, sort out backline, lunch etc?

or sit on their royal asses going 'one would like sir elton, rod stewart, duran duran and take that'

Um, the second option I believe.

I felt uncomfortable watching P Diddy giving shouts out to a dead lady. That's maybe just my culture.

As someone said it's not to be judged on artistic merit, if everyone involved with Diana is happy then that's fine by me.

Load of pish though. Terrible stuff. 5 hours. God.

Guest DustyDeviada
I felt uncomfortable watching P Diddy giving shouts out to a dead lady. That's maybe just my culture.

Yes, that was hilarious in its awfulness. Car crash TV at its finest.

Guest DustyDeviada

In the Princes' defence (now there's a line I never thought I would find myself typing) they seemed to be spending the preceding 6 hours getting pissed up, so I was impressed they could string two words together, especially considering Harry obviously shares genes with a tosspot like James Hewitt.