aberdeen-music

What is the best amp on the market !?!

Ethan

I am looking to buy a new amp.

Wat do u think is the best amp on the market for playing stuff like metallica and megadeth and also playing g n' r nd acdc nd shit

wb

Depends on your budget, I guess.

The market is absolutely flooded with products, so there's plenty choice.

Versatility was my criteria, so I have a 4-channel Hughes & Kettner Trilogy, which does just about everything from country to blues, right through to metal.

AC/DC & G'n'R predominantly used Marshalls and does (Dave Mustaine) and you can pick a decent example of the DSL or TSL range fairly cheaply.

Metallica tend towards the more hi-gain types of amp like Mesa's & Diezels.

The common ground with regards to Metallica, Megadeth, Guns & Roses and AC/DC is Marshall.

Metallica used them for the first couple of albums. Mustaine is known for his JMP-1.

Price dependant of course but something like a DSL with maybe a graphic EQ to dial in a crunchier sound might be the sorta thing you'd be after. :up:

And I'm afraid to say my Powerball has been sold. :)

You're selling the Herbert?! o_O

What are you replacing it with?

possibly a bogner - going down to glasgow next weekend to try one out if they still have it in stock!

I am just fed up with it to be honest, i like the channel 2 sound with the gain switch on minus which gives a plexi kinda sound the best but when you change to higher gain sounds like on channel 3 its too compressed or tight. Want a looser more vintage sound i think. its an amazing amp but just not for me i think. revalved it completely as well