aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Ethan

What is the best amp on the market !?!

I am looking to buy a new amp.

Wat do u think is the best amp on the market for playing stuff like metallica and megadeth and also playing g n' r nd acdc nd shit

wb

I am looking to buy a new amp.

Wat do u think is the best amp on the market for playing stuff like metallica and megadeth and also playing g n' r nd acdc nd shit

wb

Depends on your budget, I guess.

The market is absolutely flooded with products, so there's plenty choice.

Versatility was my criteria, so I have a 4-channel Hughes & Kettner Trilogy, which does just about everything from country to blues, right through to metal.

AC/DC & G'n'R predominantly used Marshalls and does (Dave Mustaine) and you can pick a decent example of the DSL or TSL range fairly cheaply.

Metallica tend towards the more hi-gain types of amp like Mesa's & Diezels.

James is selling a Powerball (well i think he still is). That'd do you a good job.

Good amp, and I've had the pleasure of playing James' Powerball (and watch his wee face drop when he heard my H&K :laughing:).

An excellent choice!

Plus, nobody knows what the best amp for the job is, but you. We can only... show you the way...

The common ground with regards to Metallica, Megadeth, Guns & Roses and AC/DC is Marshall.

Metallica used them for the first couple of albums. Mustaine is known for his JMP-1.

Price dependant of course but something like a DSL with maybe a graphic EQ to dial in a crunchier sound might be the sorta thing you'd be after. :up:

And I'm afraid to say my Powerball has been sold. :)

You're selling the Herbert?! o_O

What are you replacing it with?

possibly a bogner - going down to glasgow next weekend to try one out if they still have it in stock!

I am just fed up with it to be honest, i like the channel 2 sound with the gain switch on minus which gives a plexi kinda sound the best but when you change to higher gain sounds like on channel 3 its too compressed or tight. Want a looser more vintage sound i think. its an amazing amp but just not for me i think. revalved it completely as well

I've had my Marshall AVT-100 for over 5 years now (wow that long!) and it's great. Can use it in the bedroom and the stage. One of the best amps in the 300-400 price bracket

possibly a bogner - going down to glasgow next weekend to try one out if they still have it in stock!

I was there yesterday (Guitar Guitar) and they had two Ecstasy models, which I tried out using a stock Les Paul Standard and a Bogner 2x12

Sweet.