aberdeen-music

Atom's Maiden album of choice.....

Guest Scorge Spike

Guest Scorge Spike

It's probably not going to happen, but if the real Iron Maiden, the fantastically adept Hi-On Maiden, or the rubbish imposters Maiden Taiwan were to play just one Maiden album completely live with no exceptions the whole way through, which one would you lot want to hear?

Personally Seventh Son it's entirity would make me want to do a sex wee. Though the whole of Powerslave would be quite immense too.

Discuss......

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Joe Atom:

Looks like they'd have to do them all in order to keep everyone happy. ;)

But come on, somewhere in Time, with the (almost) title track, Deja-vu, Lonliness of the long distance runner, Deja-vu... Sea of Madness... High quality from start to finish.

I almost agree with Somewhere In Time, but Deja-Vu is a bit pishy, and Stranger In A Strange Land don't do much for me either. The rest of it is quite spiffing, though my calf muscles wouldn't like Loneliness one bit. :dunce:

I forgot about NOTB, scarlily. And as much as I admire Dream Theater's jazz take, I'd want to do Gangland with the 'Jesus Christ that's fucking mental' drum intro......

Even better, a Taiwanese version of 'Reach Out' with Stuggy on lead vocals and Stew on back up!

Incidentally, I'm a Somewhere in Time fan myself but the novelty of having the entirety of The X Factor played live would also shizzle my nizzle no end, provided Bruce was up for it. In my opinion, he has yet to out do the vocals on the two Blaze era albums.

Actually, seeing Maiden cover an entire Dream Theater album would be ace! Metropolis pt.666?

-Len

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Mac Atom:

Personally, I'd love to see Maiden Taiwan pull off an epic rendition of "Listen With Scorgie" Parts 1, 2, 3... etc ;)

That'll have the audience pissing themselves. :D

The X Factor? Got its moments, but it's bloody boring in some bits and makes you wish stuff like Justice Of The Peace/Judgement Day was on it. And whilst speaking of B sides, Sheriff Of Huddersfield would rock provided someone could nail the Smallwood impression. :dunce:

No-one for Powerslave and the Rime Of The Ancient Mariner finale? Gits. :D

Powerslave for the Rime of the Ancient Mariner finish!! And the churchill speech intro ;)

However, I wouldn't mind doing Piece of Mind either! Powerslave is still winning most definately... think of the set-list!!

Intro: Churchill's Speech

Aces High

2 Minutes To Midnight

Lostfer Words

Flash of the Blade

The Duellists (woohoo!!!)

Back in the Village (not so woohoo)

Powerslave

Rime of the Ancient Mariner - complete with full pyrotechnics for the finale and a supreme lighting, lasers and fog machine combo for the quiet part!

Ok, that must surely be the next Taiwan project boys! Scorge you better get down the fukin gym boy!

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

seventh son owns them all....

that or no prayer for the dying...yes im serious....

Oh no,Ben! They got to you too?

May the God of Metal strike me down when I say this.....

No Prayer for the Dying is overall an extremely forgettable and embarassingly bad album save for Bring your Daughter... and the title track.

Cue Joe to lay siege to me at the next band jam.....

Or right feckin' here! There is nothing wrong with No Prayer for the Dying, and I can't understand why everyone hates it so much! Yes, the Assassin is fairly lame... and the production isn't great... but it's got some ace songs! Fates Warning, one of Davey's most underrated moments, and Mother Russia, which would fit in ok some of the earlier 'classic' albums...

BTW Doc, Back in the Village is ace too... Powerslave doesn't have a duffer on it.