Scorge

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Casual Racism??

What was racist about mentioning her colour??

Chocolate spice? Oh ok... so if that is racist, what about having a friend who's nickname is Ginger Goth, well that's discriminating isnt it? Purely because they are referred to, or named due to a certain characteristic?

And what about the nickname Shorty? God Almighty, we can't refer to someone because of their height! That's racist...

Oh stop trying to find a racist meaning in every comment purely because, "oh would you know it" one of the band happens to be black.

Im racist but yet i have alot of black friends who know what im like and know that i call it like i see it.

To be honest i can honestly i bet everyone of you's that had a problem with what i said have laughed at or told some racist jokes before.

but

We can get onto a big old fun "serious" debate over the internet about racism and what not but this thread is about the spice girls so lets keep it that way.

ugh uh kill whitey.

And how do you know what was meant by the original statement? Did you write it?

Aaaaw did it take you a whole 5 minutes to think up the "drivel" remark, I hope you feel clever now, aaaaw.

Well this is getting boring, it's not a racist statement because it doesn't degrade her in anyway does it? And no amount of arguing online is going to change you're mind.

Pity, this was oh so much fun *cough*

And how do you know what was meant by the original statement? Did you write it?

No i didnt write it. And we all know, whether he meant any offense or not which is beside the point, he was bringing attention to Mel whatever her second name is, by calling her 'chocolate spice', it is a racist remark because it is nicknaming due to her skin colour, just because its not very harsh doesnt mean its not racist by definition.

Aaaaw did it take you a whole 5 minutes to think up the "drivel" remark, I hope you feel clever now, aaaaw.

Yeah. I feel pretty clever to be honest.

Well this is getting boring, it's not a racist statement because it doesn't degrade her in anyway does it?.

She once told me there is nothing more she likes than being reffered to as 'chocolate spice' rather than Mel.

I hope your first line is a jape?!

And for second, did anyone say anything about banning you?

It's called sarcasm doll, and yes I know... scarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

No, but it's just in case someone like you wants to go "oooh I'm gonna complain and get you banned"

You never know... ha ha

Back on subject... WHY HAVE THEY REFORMED? I'm ashamed so say that when younger, my group of friends and I were crazed on the Spice Girls. After a week I wised up and tried to forget about it, ha ha.

Is this not just a chance for Posh to strut her designs on the stage?

No i didnt write it. And we all know, whether he meant any offense or not which is beside the point, he was bringing attention to Mel whatever her second name is, by calling her 'chocolate spice', it is a racist remark because it is nicknaming due to her skin colour, just because its not very harsh doesnt mean its not racist by definition.

her surname is brown. really. in the context of this argument that's kinda ironic that you couldn't remember that.

how is this still an argument? calum responded by saying "i'm racist" surely that confirms that his initial post was racist(not that it needed confirming) or at the very least incredibly stupid.

Yeah come on call her her real name SCARY spice...cos we're all scared of blacks and minorities...xenophobia....or does a little pose making a face excuse that sort of blatant racism?

did i miss something? when did xenophobia come into this?

Oh ok... so if that is racist, what about having a friend who's nickname is Ginger Goth, well that's discriminating isnt it? Purely because they are referred to, or named due to a certain characteristic?
Nobody mentioned about any ginger people.
And what about the nickname Shorty? God Almighty, we can't refer to someone because of their height! That's racist...
I wasn't aware that short people werte of a different race to everyone else.