aberdeen-music

Lady Mercedes Play Aberdeen!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
Don't judge us on poor videos though, come to a gig & judge us on that.

Haven't watched the videos yet, but surely the videos and everything else on a myspace page is supposed to promote the band and encourage folk to come to gigs. If you have stuff on there that shows you in a poor light do you really expect folk t give you the benefit of the doubt and pay to see you anyway?

Haven't watched the videos yet, but surely the videos and everything else on a myspace page is supposed to promote the band and encourage folk to come to gigs. If you have stuff on there that shows you in a poor light do you really expect folk t give you the benefit of the doubt and pay to see you anyway?

Most people just come because they like the songs, or because they enjoyed our last gig. I see what you mean about the videos, we welcome criticism & noone until now has told us that they're that bad. It's like when you record a rough demo & you think it's the business until someone tells you otherwise. You scrap it, move on & to make the next one better.

Oh dear. They're not a great advert imo, I'm afraid. Normally I'd be interested in any band that aspired to be the Faces. But those vids - especially the second one - are just embarrassing.

Don't mean to sound harsh, just my opinion. Sorry.

Embarrassing for who? We're not embarrrased!? You can appreciate that both videos posted up were filmed on a mobile phone. Hence the sound/quality of the vids. They were posted up for the sake of being posted up...We have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone, apart from ourselves. For me personally, they were a good but very brief representation of where we were 6 month ago, that was actually our first gig together with new members etc. Filmed down in Camden...The gig went down a storm, we've been asked back...so thats a pass mark for us. Respect your opinion, but please don't base it solely on that...

Cheers!

Embarrassing for who? We're not embarrrased!? You can appreciate that both videos posted up were filmed on a mobile phone. Hence the sound/quality of the vids. They were posted up for the sake of being posted up...We have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone, apart from ourselves. For me personally, they were a good but very brief representation of where we were 6 month ago, that was actually our first gig together with new members etc. Filmed down in Camden...The gig went down a storm, we've been asked back...so thats a pass mark for us. Respect your opinion, but please don't base it solely on that...

Cheers!

The quality of the recording wasn't the problem. But as this is just an advert for your gig and not a feedback thread then all I'll say is I won't be there but good luck with it anyway.

Guest DustyDeviada

Having watched the videos I must now apologise for the "half-baked Ocean Colour Scene" remark.

To Ocean Colour Scene.

I would now say that Lady Mercedes are more like a half-baked Menswear.

Having watched the videos I must now apologise for the "half-baked Ocean Colour Scene" remark.

To Ocean Colour Scene.

I would now say that Lady Mercedes are more like a half-baked Menswear.s

I'm sure Ocean Colour Scene wouldn't be offended by your remark & to be honest, neither am I. It would be foolish to get my knickers in a twist over someone who's patter is like cum.:up:

Guest DustyDeviada
It would be foolish to get my knickers in a twist over someone who's patter is like cum.:up:

If you mean that in the sense that the ladies of Aberdeen lap it up, then thank you.

Guest idol_wild

I'd heard lots of very demeaning things about Lady Mercedes without ever having heard them. So I decided not to judge. But having just listened to the songs on their space, I'm almost shocked at just how generic and bland they really are. I was hoping "Money Talks" would be a cover of the superb AC/DC song. But it isn't. It just sounds like a really bad Dandy Warhols b-side. Quasi-blues, guitar licked nonsense.

Why is there a demand for stuff like this? It lacks imagination and any form of originality. It's quite saddening.

I'd heard lots of very demeaning things about Lady Mercedes without ever having heard them. So I decided not to judge. But having just listened to the songs on their space, I'm almost shocked at just how generic and bland they really are. I was hoping "Money Talks" would be a cover of the superb AC/DC song. But it isn't. It just sounds like a really bad Dandy Warhols b-side. Quasi-blues, guitar licked nonsense.

Why is there a demand for stuff like this? It lacks imagination and any form of originality. It's quite saddening.

I can't understand it either...rubbish!:king:

I don't. It makes my life a lot easier, and I don't get bands blaming me for low turnouts/poor sales/bad reputations when people are grown up about these things. Every time I go to a gig these days I get an earful from someone or other about a negative post.

It's probably safe to say that Lady Merc aren't ab-music's favourite band, but that doesn't mean to say they don't have a fanbase, and it would be nice if we could attract some of those people onto the site so that we can get a more rounded view of the music scene in Aberdeen these days.

10/10 for this post.