aberdeen-music

Abandoned hospital on King Street?

One of my friends at work was telling us a little tale of driving to an abondoned mental hospital in the King Street area.

Bull crap or not?

Ok, the bull crap is probably the part where he tells us that the notebooks are still there left open with pens on them, and nurse's uniforms still hanging...

I just want to know if it's really there, EXACTLY where it is, and if you've ever heard anything about it?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

err, there used to be a hospiatel on urquhart road if that's any consolation, which has long since been turned into executive flats. and that's no 'bull crap'

Closest Hospital to King Street is on Urqhuart Road (at the beach end on the right). Old City Hospital. Don't think it was mental health though, and i think the stuff still being there might be bullshit.

There was also a building that WAS for mental health on Constitution Street, opposite Matalan. It was abandoned for years but has been done up and is being used again. Has been for a number of years now.

Bonesaw Bazz, I definately could have misheard it.

Anyway, the boyfriend had a think and said there was an abondoned building near King Street Morrisons, so we went and had a look. It certainly looks like some form of medical facility, but we didn't stick around long because there was a lot of dirty junky needles and I was afraid of getting attacked by dirty junkies!!!! Lol.

I have no idea what it was, but it's got little sinks in every room and a distinct medical feel to it, you know, the medical green walls and hospital-like doors.

I just remember my guy at work saying he was going to Duthie Park, and that's why he was in the area. Even though that's not really near to King Street, but the part about the stuff being still there is most definately bull, I didnt believe it for a minute.

I'm really interested in old abandoned buildings, I just like to get in and take pictures. I have a few of the one near King Street Morrisons, but my camera died, and like I said, we didn't stick around long.

I do however, have hopes for the nursery on Spital! That looks wicked!!!!!!!!

There WAS another hospital actually on King St (I think, unless it was the old school of Domestic Science, which moved to Kepplestone). It was in the rather nice old building which is set back a bit from King Street, past the Fire Station on the the right hand side as you're going away from Union St.

However I think it's been fancy flats for a few years now.

More likely King's Seat, as already mentioned.

Guest DustyDeviada

Ha, you have to love the hilarious consequences of mishearing King's Seat as King Street.

In any case, with land values being what they are there are not a lot of abandoned buildings in Aberdeen. Stewart Milne Homes will have them bought up and turned into flats just about overnight.

Guest DustyDeviada
Tor Na Dee Hospital, nr. Aberdeen

Is this the same hospital you're talking about? Seems a really spooky place?

WTF?! Can't believe there's a forum for folk who get their kicks raking round old buildings. I guess it's all down to perspective - Tor-na-Dee isn't spooky to me, I lived right across the road from it for 20 years. my Granny was in there, I was in and out of it loads, so wouldn't be spooky in the slightest.

In any case as that forum states the conversion is well on now and there's none of the so called "spooky" stuff left.