aberdeen-music

stolen cymbals wanted

Biz

hmm... playing a good gig....getting drunk....

i know which one i'd rather do.

plus with on stage sound (in most venues that i play) being god awful, there's no way i could play tight with a few drinks in me.

Get drunk after the gig.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the drunk dudes propping up the bar really go for this sort of thing?

Hahahaha. :D

Erm... I don't know mate, I always got a fit chick to do it. If drunk dudes are more your thing though, and I don't really think they are, well... good on ya!

You can have your instruments chipped and added to a register I think. You report your instrument as stolen and it can be scanned like a pet to give out information such as who the owner is etc etc.

I remember reading about it in guitarist a few years ago so not sure if the scheme ever really took off but it seems like a sensible idea.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

to be honest i just get cunted before during and after drummonds gigs, that's what they're for. and that's why i have had numerous items of equipment stolen from me at this venue

to be honest i just get cunted before during and after drummonds gigs, that's what they're for. and that's why i have had numerous items of equipment stolen from me at this venue

so:

being cunted (pro?)

get shit stolen (con)

...worth it?

Yep, but there could be up to three other bands going in and out with their gear, and often going in and out through the side door. My concern would be equipment going walkies out the side door while you are having a drink in the bar.

I had a bag full of cymbals swiped from the Moorings a couple of months back, and reckon this is a possibilty.

not :up:

• 2 weeks later...
once or twice drummonds has refused to give things back, mate of mine elft a marked cymbal stand in their so he could return to get it, they had it, but they refused to give it to him and said he couldnt prov eit was his

really? that seems a bit weird?

did he tell Eric (or whoever was on that night) that he was leaving something and wanted to come to pick it up later?

Our biggest problem is bands leaving their gear lying in our cellar for weeks. There's still stuff down there from 6 years ago. If anyone is concerned about randoms getting into the cellar, then it's worth shutting the door behind you *HINT*.

Once a band played us and left a snare drum, cymbals, and a bag if sticks in the cellar for months. When the same band returned almost a year later the drummer remarked "Oh I wondered where those had gone!" all I wondered was how he managed to practice...