aberdeen-music

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

jackson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kind of relieved as at first when I switched over for Raw I thought he died of drug abuse as most wrestlers have done recently.

This is really strange how they are all found dead.

Chris Benoit was the most respected wrestler in Wrestling today and was my favourite wrestler for a while. It is a complete shame this has happened.

That's what's been confirmed by police.

I cannot believe that happened. Something must've gotten into Chris Benoit's head.

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope' date=' of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time[/quote']

I knew something was up when he never made the PPV on Sunday night. The fact of the matter is instead of wrestling at Vengance, he was killing his own son and had already murdered his wife. It's just so wrong - incomprehensible.

The tribute last night was good - very good in fact, but does he deserve any kind of tribute after this, one of the worst acts I've ever heard of? I mean, as a wrestler he is nothing other than a legend - as JBL said week after week - Top ten of all time, future hall of famer etc etc. but this knid of overshadows everything he ever did.

I'm beyond shocked at this. The Rabid Wolverine, I mean for fucks sake. He seemed so quiet.

I can't believe this has happened. It's bizarre enough typing about a guy who murdered his wife & kid, but when that guys a bit of a hero of yours....Fucking hell.

rumours galore at the moment but it does appear to be double murder suicide. reports are that he killed his wife and son a day apart. if thats true thats proper horror movie stuff. again i must emphasise "rumours". i think the wwe should stop encouraging the use of steroids, fuck me.