aberdeen-music

The Outsider Festival in Cairngorms, Aviemore!

AngryD

Did anyone else go and get soaked? The same weekend as Glastonbury so you can imagine the mud bath!

All in all pretty good - Only went on the saturday - Willy Mason, Idlewild and KT Tunstall. Good atmosphere and with only about 3000 to 4000 of the 16,000 ticket holders going for the music (it was a family festival packed with activites, comedians and sports etc) it was pretty easy to get close to the front, and see the performers wandering around the main arena themselves

Despite the constant pouring rain the atmosphere was good and the alcohol and banter both flowing, not to mention the mud.

Willy Mason actually rocked considering how little known he still is in Britain.

Idlewild performed as good as ever, and it was KT Tunstalls birthday so she was hyper and wasted to suit.

My sister was campaigning at the festival to sell the first official Madeleine McCann wristbands too, so the organisers told us to throw a load of them on stage during the acts in between songs for publicity....

so we did and all of Willy Mason's band put them on, most of Idlewild (bar Roddy who is just to cool for school, booooo) and KT was just too excited to notice I think! see Youtube Vid

Anyway anyone go on Sunday to see Crowded House or the Guilliemots on Friday???

Would have loved to go but the last couple of months turned expensive & by the time I could see my way to affording it, the camping was sold-out.

Which was lucky because the very next day, my gas fire fell-off the wall & left me with a 500+ bill for a new fire, replastering & opening-up the old fireplace to accept a modern flue. :(

How was the camping/site/security etc. I'd wondered if it was using the old Rothiemurcus Estate site, or that newer place further through?

My sister was campaigning at the festival to sell the first official Madeleine McCann wristbands too, so the organisers told us to throw a load of them on stage during the acts in between songs for publicity....

Oh for fucks sake. It's one kid. Sure its a shame, but hows about the 600,000 dead iraqis no one gives a fuck about.

• Upvote 1

Oh for fucks sake. It's one kid. Sure its a shame, but hows about the 600,000 dead iraqis no one gives a fuck about.

Ah right - so what have you done for them? When you're giving up your time to raise money etc then you can complain. Nobody says you have to support her campaign but there's no point in being negative.

Anyway the money raised also goes towards many missing children's charities - not just Madeleine McCann campaign, which incidently costs 20,000 a week to continue looking for her after the Portugese police have scaled down their investigation.

But that wasn't even the point of the thread - I was talking about the festival in general...

i went to the outsider for the whole weekend and it was awesome! normally would have gone to download but opted for the cheaper alternative that was closer to home cos i was skint!

dispite the pretty rank weather there were some good bands to have a jig to, especially on the friday night when it was dry! :up: the peatbog faeries played a belter!

crowded house were a good sing-a-long! would have prefered machine head myself...but it was still pretty class! we even did a spot of badger watching just for the banter...and im not talking about kt tunstall!