aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
jcn

Jayne Carmichael - Soprano

Hi everyone

Following a very positive and welcoming reception from my recent support gig, I have now set up a myspace page.

This may be quite obvious to some people, but this is not a professional recording :-) It was recorded using a minidisc recorder which I set up during the start of one of my singing lessons. I just let it run for the duration, and then chopped up the songs using Total Recorder.

I would like to know what people think. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but I won't take any heed of people slagging me off just for the sake of it.

Cheers

Jayne

www.myspace.com/carmichaeljayne

'Loans, I know NUFFFIN abahhht loans'

I can't imagine there are many on here who could throw any reasonable voice of authority on the technical aspects of opera singing. Thus, on a point of aesthetics, I find this music pretty annoying / ear-splitting.

I wouldn't say it was particularly annoying or ear-splitting, KimyReizeger. I like this kind of singing - I did find these recordings to be a little strained and "throaty" though...

I wouldn't say it was particularly annoying or ear-splitting, KimyReizeger. I like this kind of singing - I did find these recordings to be a little strained and "throaty" though...

I'd go with that - pitchwise there's no problems, you have a good enough ear. There's not a huge amount of power though, and your initial attack of the note can be a little wobbly. I'd maybe suggest working on opening up the sound, working the diaphragm and rounding out the notes to try for a warmer, richer tone.

Yeah you're right, I think I was just being a bit lazy. Need to use my muscles more! Cheers guys.