aberdeen-music

Fopp Closing

Stephen

This is no shock really, same for HMV, they are out of touch with the modern music consumer

seems to me like greed played a massive part in the downfall of fopp,

I think they "used" to know who their client base was, and then someone somewhere started to think more about profit, than service.

the expansion seemed rediculous.

I feel sorry for all the staff, as that last paragraph in the bbc story says, how the hell are these people going to pay rents, mortgages and food bills?!...

fucking low, making them work a month for free...

business = shithawk.

just spoke to a friend who works in fopp who is understandably a bit pissed off. no doubt their suppliers will get their money before the staff do, absolute disgrace. the staff should have been told about the problems last month so they could sort their finances out.

it's a shame to lose fopp but the real tragedy is the staff not being paid and not knowing if they have a job. they haven't been told that the shop is shut for good or anything.

if i worked there and they were still trading i would turn up to work with my car or a VERY large bag, I would proceed to fill them with as many goods as possible and urinate on the front door

if the stories are true, its a fucking disgrace that staff have been treated this way. where are the unions? How was it allowed to get to this stage?

That's rubbish!

Preston could do better. He really is a top male celebrity babe.

I feel that the next Ordinary Boys album (of course with boys will be boys tacked on as usual) will give Preston's side of the story. We'll have to wait until next week's Heat to find out Chantelle's side I suppose. It's all too much to take really. Hopefully the Diana memorial concert on Sunday will cheer me up.

I look forward to reading all about it in Heat. I wonder who broke it up. Those two fascinate me.

You suppose they'll stop playing, "I luv you"? :p

Surely they could still play it in tribute to the love that Preston and Chantelle once shared. It isn't fair on the fans to not play one of their classic songs.

Guest Steven Dedalus
just spoke to a friend who works in fopp who is understandably a bit pissed off. no doubt their suppliers will get their money before the staff do, absolute disgrace. the staff should have been told about the problems last month so they could sort their finances out.

it's a shame to lose fopp but the real tragedy is the staff not being paid and not knowing if they have a job. they haven't been told that the shop is shut for good or anything.

Damn straight! I can't help but feel a little sick thinking about it, to be honest. Surely Fopp have a responsibility to their staff, and surely the staff have some kind of legal recompense to cover their asses! The thought that everyone is just chucked out and hasn't got a leg to stand on with regards to getting paid is more than my mind can take.

The only solution I can think of is to echo Maxi's comments about stealing stock. The staff could just nab a load of stuff, and then sell it in second hand to One Up!

1. the staff get money.

2. Raymond gets the cheapest stock he's ever seen.

3. Everyone can buy loads of albums.

4. Fopp get a kick in the balls for acting disgracefully to the staff.

Everyone is happy!

Seriusly though, what a shock.

We have Cd's in loads of Fopp stores, will we be getting our money for them? Fucking better be!

preferetial creditors get 1st pick of any assets that are left, that means inland revenue & VAT

staff may get some reconpense months down the road. your cd's unless you can prove they wern't purchased will be lost.

I said in a very early post their senior management have treated some former local

managers like shit. the same appears to happen to all Fopp staff, not very nice

hope the directors are disquallified for life........