aberdeen-music

Wanted: 15" Bass Cab/Bass speaker

HeinzHines

hines kens about ohms, but what i think he meant was the head they have is 4, 8, 16

Obviously he doesn't because the amp will have a different power rating for 4,8,and 16 ohm speakers.

For example, if the amp is rated at 300W into 8 ohms it may put out 500W into 4 ohms.

Which is why I suggested there may be a correlation between many dead speakers and a lack of care in choosing them.

Soundian, its ok you can relax, i do actually know my own head, its max output at 4ohms is 280w, which is why i asked for 300w+....and i said i care little for ohm ratings, because i can adjust them to suit. So lets not fly off the handle.

Speaker blowing issues for us i would imagine being distortion.

And however much we would love a decent bass cabinet to handle these issues, money is tight.

Soundian, its ok you can relax, i do actually know my own head, its max output at 4ohms is 280w, which is why i asked for 300w+....and i said i care little for ohm ratings, because i can adjust them to suit.

But you can't adjust them so you have 300W at 4,8 and 16, unless you have a type of amp that ignores the laws of physics

So lets not fly off the handle.

This is me being calm, you'd know about it if I was flying off the handle

Speaker blowing issues for us i would imagine being distortion.

If you mean clipping, then it probably is.

And however much we would love a decent bass cabinet to handle these issues, money is tight.

Believe it or not, the whole point of me even bothering to type anything was to try and help you not throw good money after bad.

If moneys tight but you have time and patience to spare you should investigate recone kits, I personally don't see the point of paying for a new chassis and magnet when it's only the actual moving parts that need replaced.

But you can't adjust them so you have 300W at 4,8 and 16, unless you have a type of amp that ignores the laws of physics

Yes of course, but am willing to drop power output, because, in all honesty, at even 200w that is plenty of power to not need to go over the half way mark.

I had thought about recone kits, but they can cost about the same as a cheap new speaker.

Which is why im on the look out for any cheap and nasty old things that we can burn through until money for a decent 8x10 is available.

Afraid so at the moment, going to sell my anus for a while and get an Ampeg.

18" are tempting.....not for my anus though!

well it will still probably be on sale for a while, so if you decide you need it, give me a shout.

18 inch speaker = a lot of wind and BOOM!!!